Chapter 11

PREVIOUSLY

He flipped him off looking unamused "back off old man!"

"That's not a good one" his father whine sobbing into my father as he struggles to push him away, my father wasn't in the mood to joke around his face cold as ice.

"Thank you" my mother smiled Xander set me down and I felt the room tilt forward the floor drawing closer, I squeezed my eyes shut for the impact but nothing came instead strong arms wrapped around me.

"Here grab on to their shoulders" Xander instructed I did as I was told, one hand on my mother's shoulder the other on Maria's as I stood in between them for support. Giving me a quick peck on the lips my mother opens the door. "See you at dinner amore" and we made our way to my room feeling exhausted.

............................................................................................................................................................

Xander P.O.V

Watching my angle limp away made ego friar up, I never thought his heat was going to be that strong. My wolf has been pacing around, waiting to come out at the first glace of vulnerability. He wants to complete the mating ritual but I wasn't that selfish to not meet my mate's need, I need to wait until things have cooled down. I don't want to push Mr. Black any farther for he was already keeping a close eye on me.

"Gonzalo siediti, abbiamo una questione seria di cui discutere. (Gonzalo sit down, we have a serious matter to discuss.)" he looked heavenward, he pressed his lips together.

My eyes twitched as I towered over him,

" what is it?" I growl out siting myself comfortably beside my watchful father who sends me a frown of disapproval.

" Watch your tone." He warned I remained calm squaring an ankle over one knee. David is a big man from the way he walked to his physical frame, I've grown up watching him spar with my father and they seem to have formed a closer relationship then they display out in the open. The mountainous men they had been; strong-willed and merciful, the gentle and caring fathers, Yet when I look at them now all I see was a pair of adoring and passionate husband. Both of them wrapped around their mate's fingers. For as long as I could recall, David had showered me a lot with tough love and I'm grateful for him. He took part in shaping the person that I'm today.

" Sorry " my emotions aren't in the right place right now, I understand how unstable my life is right now and everything seems to be out to get me. I can't help but feel as if I've built myself a beautiful prison, there's a constant nagging feeling at the back of my head.

This place has become a fortress, tall gates have been built up around the pack territories with more security gadgets than a military compound.

"Listen closely Gonzalo, I appreciate that you're willing to let Alex stay here even after the mating ceremony tomorrow. But there's something that you should know." his voice filled with regret but I can scent fear radiate off him, my ears pricked upwards as Quin pushed to the surface.

"And what would that be?" grabbing the edge of my chair I scotch closer towards the desk, from my peripheral vision my father's body stiffs up and sets his empty glass of wine on the wooden desk.

"We had plans for Alex before you showed up, no one anticipated him finding his mate so soon." I flinch back into my chair away from the truth.

" After tomorrow Alex will be leaving with my mother and he will stay with her until his training is completed."

" what training?"

"It doesn't matter-" he waved me off but Quin wasn't buying it. I inhaled a deep breath and blew out slowly.