five

"so i did a research about france last night like what you wanted me to do, do i get a reward for it?" jungkook asks as soon as he enters the classroom, a piece of paper was in his grasp. it was full of notes, doodle and well, her name all over it. yerim gave her a confused expression before widening her eyes,

"i-i-i said it as a joke! people might think i'm enslaving you or wh—"

"hush, baby. who cares about what other people think?" he quickly remarks before handing over the paper to her. yerim gulped and took the paper from his grasp, her hand shaking in fear. she's well aware of jungkook's status around the school and not only is she afraid of his fangirls blaming her but also afraid of the fact that jungkook might've ditched his real assignments from their subjects just to give her in the notes she said out of humor.

"did you do your homework?" yerim softly asks.

"yeah, did them all after doing your personal assignment. you're more important than anything else in the world, baby." he shots as yerim could feel intense amount of heat all over her face. "but i liked your question. you sounded like a real girlfriend." followed by a smirk.

yerim decided to ignore jungkook's little stunt and took out her homework for calculus, "w-well, i-i did my calculus homework all night—it was hard by the way... s-so i can't give in notes and info about sweden in exchange." she frowned.

jungkookleaned in close with a large smirk plastered all over his face, "i wish i was your calculus homework. i'd be hard and you'd be doing me on your desk all night." he whispered.

-

"w-what are you doing?" yerim asks as soon as she felt jungkook trailing behind her all the way to the cafeteria.

"isn't it obvious? i'm walking you to the cafeteria." he answers with an unreadable expression.

"why?"

"no reason." jungkook quickly answers as if it was no big deal as yerim frowns at him. jungkook raises an eyebrow as questions soon bombarded inside his head. he wanted to see her smile, he thought a frown doesn't belong in her face. jungkook does not want yerim to frown just because he is walking behind her.

"are you uncomfortable?"

"n-not really." yerim fiddled her fingers before proceeding towards the cafeteria to buy a carton of milk and a pack of chips. she was about to give her payment but jungkook beat her to it and handed money to the canteen lady before standing beside her with a smile on his face.

"my treat." he murmurs before pulling her out of the cafeteria to the rooftop of their school. it was accessible to any student, which was pretty convenient for everyone who wishes quality time with nature. the whole rooftop was a garden. although fake grass carpet was placed neatly on top of the marble tile, the plants and flowers planted were real. a small swing for two was also placed in there as the rooftop walls slash grilles were quite taller than average.

yerim holds up her hand to jungkook's chest level, her eyes squinted, "b-but... i still owe you 8276 won!" she exclaims as she computes her debt to jungkook.

"that'll be 9572 won in total!" she gasps out before biting her lip nervously. jungkook stares down at her, a small smile forms on the corner of his lips before chuckling.

"don't worry. i'll give you a discount soon." jungkook winks before gesturing her to follow him towards the two-seated swing, "for now, let's have a mini date here at the rooftop." he added before sitting down on the left swing.

yerim gladly sat down on the other one as she soon start to loll her body back and forth, "i like extreme amusement park themed dates but a simple private picnic would be better." she murmurs to herself.

and it was the first time jungkook had felt the urge to take down notes in his whole entire life.