five.

CHAPTER FIVE

JIMIN refused. if he could, he'd screamed the word no as many times as his poor throat could handle. he couldn't trust namjoon, no matter what. not after what he did and not after what taehyung said. so three minutes after the bell rang, jimin had found his friend. he was about to bring up the note, the neatly folded piece of paper in between his cubby fingers, but taehyung was, to jimin's concern, in a hurry. taehyung was laid back, never rushing into things, so it was a little strange.

"tae, are you okay?" the smallest confronted the male, but wasn't about to accuse him of anything. "why are you in such a rush?" the question lingered in the air for a moment, jimin's eyes remaining glued to taehyung's wide ones. but he simply nodded, his gaze wandering to the classroom behind jimin. said boy turned around, eyes searching for an answer. thankfully, taehyung spilled before jimin had to do any prying.

"i have work to do for mr kim." although offering help to a teacher was usually an event students dreaded, taehyung smiled at the thought. "i tried so hard to make him accept my help, and finally, he agreed." pausing with a deep breath, taehyung hoisted his backpack up a little farther onto his back. "i'm helping him organize papers and cleaning the chalkboards, so i won't be able to come over today."

looks like jimin has no choice but to accept namjoon's request.

noticing the fall in jimin's expression, taehyung began, "baby," he started, lifting up jimin's head which had dropped, eyes focused on the floor. "you'll be okay, right?" taehyung's question was laced with nothing but concern. jimin had a hard time being alone. that's another reason why the separation was such a problem. but jimin just nodded his head, grabbing taehyung's wrist and removing his soft hands from jimin's cheeks. after all, he was sixteen, he could handle it. "of course i'll be fine. don't worry."

although a little skeptical of his friend, taehyung was happy he could spend the majority of his time with his favorite teacher. with a slight smile, he patted jimin's shoulder and then waved goodbye as he ran off towards mr kim's classroom. jimin watched and he realized then how bad he hated seeing taehyung leave.

but he needed to push through.

jimin brought his hand up to his face, the sleeve of his baby blue sweater falling down to his elbow. the oversized material revealed the milky white of his skin and a bracelet, bright against the pale underside of his arm. the words were faded, and the colors dulled. but jimin didn't mind too much at the moment, his mind was focused on the note still resting in between his thumb and index finger.

his head turned to the side, checking behind him at taehyung and, most importantly, the clock. only a few more minutes has passed since he's checked. he had plenty of time to decide if he was going to go home or spend time with namjoon.

peeling open the note, the pad of his finger traced over the letters in an almost scrutinizing way. his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes narrowed, reading each letter as somewhere in the back of his head he prayed this to be a joke. but he found no indication of mockery.

his head lifted, his hands falling to his side to shove the note deep in the pocket of his jeans. turning around, his feet moved towards the door, risking one glance at his friend who was subtly flirting with mr kim. jimin's lip caught in between his teeth, heart rate speeding up ever so slightly at the sight. the way taehyung leaned closely to the eldest reminded him of namjoon; in turn, making jimin cringe.

he couldn't blow him off, could he?

as he walked outside, he was met with a gust of wind and a nearly empty parking lot. even with the amount of students, within about ten minutes they had already cleared the area. only a few still remained and even then, jimin felt isolated in his spot. his eyes desperately searched for namjoon, the boy pushing aside the negative thoughts and deciding that he wasn't as bad as taehyung made him seem. i mean, just because you are popular, doesn't mean you're a douche. taehyung's not.

with a deep breath in, he started walking closer to the many cars parked in the parking lot. he glanced at a few vehicles, but none of them stuck out. namjoon was no where in sight, and a voice in the back of jimin's head was telling him it was all a joke. that namjoon wasn't really waiting for him.

as a drop of something wet fell onto his nose, he looked up. half expecting it to be nothing, he was surprised when another drop fell down and another one. soon, it was raining enough to get the jimin wet and he was frantically searching for something to cover himself with. but, before he could reach into his backpack for a jacket, one was slung over the top of his head, the soft fabric draping onto his eyes and rendering him momentarily blind. he thrashed around, yanking the jacket off his head and searching for his kidnapper (he figured he was being kidnapped).

"my hands may be tiny, but i can do a lot of damage with these things!" he yelled, flipping his body around until he ran into the culprit. pushing himself off of the, as he noticed, muscular male, his head shot up.

he should have known.

"i didn't know you'd be that excited to see me." he managed out through a chuckle and jimin felt his face get hot. embarrassed, the smaller threw namjoon's jacket back at said boy and crossed his arms. watching namjoon slip the clothing back on, he turned away, his lips pouting slighting as he spoke.

"i didn't know it was you," he admitted, glancing at the older. after a moment of silence, jimin spoke up. "you barely know me, why are you always being mean and teasing me?" the childish question escaped his lips, jimin keeping his eyes glued to the pavement beneath him. a car drove passed them, jimin recognizing one of the students in the car.

"i'm not being mean, princess. it's all just part of the plan."

at namjoon's words, jimin was forced to fully face him. his surprised look mirrored namjoon's, only for a second, before namjoon's changed. his expression unreadable, jimin continued staring.

"what kind of plan?" as soon as the words left jimin's mouth, namjoon stepped forward and closed the gap between the two. at that moment, the rain started to pour, hitting jimin with force. namjoon's hair stuck to his forehead in wet clumps and jimin suddenly couldn't move a muscle.

"a plan to make you mine, of course."

AUTHORS NOTE | FIVE

this wasn't my best work, but i haven't updated in a while so !!!