Chapter 69 - It's been a while Jon..

Aurora Jones.

Once everyone left, I was a bit more familiar with how close we've grown. I can't believe I was actually capable of making such amazing friends in only a matter of months. Not only that, but I was relieved to know they've been helping me cope with so many things. They didn't exactly elaborate on those things, seeing as it could cause my stress levels to increase, but I was content with what the did tell me.

Some memories of Sabrina, Liam and I going out for lunch or even talking at Sabrina's house had resurfaced as they spoke to me. They weren't clear of what exactly we were talking about, but I could see how much those two have been there for me.

I'm glad they all came to see me. I would still be clueless of a lot of things if they hadn't. I'm glad I have been more acquainted with the strong bonds I have formed with all of them in these past months. Lord knows I'm going to need all of them in order to get through this.

Everyone had gone home, since they spent their entire weekend here and they all had school tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, it took a lot to convince every single one of them to go home but I'm the end they knew I needed them to pick up assignments and notes for me.

A sudden knock on the door caught my attention, "Hey," Jon's voice rang through my ears.

Jon was standing in front of the door with some flowers in one hand hand, an adorable stuffed bear in the other with a balloon tied to the bear's paw.

The fact that I am able to look at Jon right now still amazes me. I still can't believe he literally dropped everything, bought a plane ticket and came all the way to New York just to make sure I was okay. He could've easily waited for my father to update him on what was going on with me, but that wasn't enough. I know how he is. Jon isn't the type of guy to sit around when he knows one of his friends was hurt. I just didn't think he'd come all this way for me.

"Get well soon. How original." I teased.

He shrugged, "Say what you will, Jones. I know you'll absolutely adore my gifts."

Even though I had these confusing feelings towards Harry and a lot of other things, I can't help but feel relaxed whenever Jon was around.

Jon settled the flowers on the table in the middle of the room, then brought the bear over to my side. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

I shrugged wrapping my arms around the bear, "Physically, I'm okay. The doctor said I'd have a bump on my head for a few days, but it'll go away with time."

I caught Jon's familiar scent. I didn't think his scent could smell so strong from just a few minutes of holding the bear...

Jon bit his lip before letting out a sigh, "I see. Well at least you aren't permanently scarred."

It was obvious he wanted me to tell him what was really going on with me, but I just wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about myself anymore. Too many complicated things are going on right now and I don't have the energy to figure everything out right now.

"Enough about me. How are things back home? Your parents doing okay?"

The thing about Jon is... he knew exactly when I needed a distraction from things. Jon may not have been there when my mother passed away, but he was there for me every time I missed her. He was there to make sure I felt safe and would hold me until I stopped crying and made me feel way better than anyone ever could.

I may have forgotten about the things he's done for me, simply because I would no longer see him again, but that didn't mean I'm not thankful for everything he's done. I mean the guy would ask my father how I was doing! To some that may sound a little weird, but that's just how Jon is.