You What?

y/n's POV

My eyes flutter open, everything's a blur. I barely remember how I got here, but whatever I'm laying on is... moving? Huh?! I look down to see a tan chest! Oh god, oh god, no! I try to sit up, it hurts but I manage. His hair is disheveled and his lips slightly parted.

But that's not the scary part...

Blood... everywhere. What happened? I move away from him, sitting at the end of the middle of the bed. I look around, red, everywhere. What happened? Why can't I remember anything?! Robin's eyes start to flutter under his mask and I shake involuntarily.

He groans and sits up, scanning the room. I watch as everything rushes back to him, and his eyes widen as they land on me. "(N/n)..." he whispers.

I remember my wall, my guard. I stare blankly at the headboard as I try to gain it back. How odd, when did I let my guard down anyways? I never take it down with him?

Robin's POV

Memories come rushing back and the feeling of sleep is well gone as adrenaline pumps through my veins. I remember the blood, the panic rushing through my head when I first saw her in the tub. The numbness in her eyes as blood flowed down her, now pale, skin.

I stare wide-eyed at her as she shakes. I realize that either blood loss has 'caused her to forget, or she has subconsciously blocked the memory of the event in which I confessed my love for her. But when I look at her now I see her eyes glazed over as she stares at the wall. I realize what she's doing, and it frustrated me to no end.

That God forsaken guard...

In a panic, I rush forward. "No, no, no..." I repeat. I cup the sides of her face once I reach her, "Look at me, (y/n). Don't do that. It has taken me too long to get that wall even partially down. Don't put back up because you're confused... please, don't do that to me..."

She looks at me in confusion, "Why? Last I remember you thought me worthless and..." she pauses and looks down at the gauze and bandages wrapped around her waist, arms, and legs. "Did you..."

"Yeah." I keep it simple.

She looks up, once again, with confusion. "I don't--"

I cut her off, "I know baby, I know. You lost too much blood and past out before I could do much. So I did what I could in the time I had, then I stayed. I had to be here when you woke up."

She's quiet, as if she's uncertain that she can be vulnerable with me. "W-why?" She mumbles, tears filling her eyes. She fights them and I give her a moment. But when she looks down, at her arms and the scars still visible in certain spots, the thought of her ever abusing herself like that again scares me. 

With a sigh I lay my gloves to the side and lift her chin. I caress her cheek as I brush the fallen tears away. "Don't look down, don't you ever look at yourself that way again." I look at her for an answer but she stays quiet. "Promise me baby." When I don't get an answer, I repeat, "Promise me!" My voice raises.

She flinches but doesn't reply nonetheless. Instead meets my gaze, "Baby?" She asks about the pet name I gave her.

"I need you to answer me. You can't do this to yourself, I won't let you. I love you (y/n) and I-"

y/n's POV
"You what?" I cut him off, loud and clear this time.

"I love you." He doesn't hesistate, and a wave of emotions washes through me as he continues. "I know it took me way to long to admit it and I don't even expect you to feel slightly the--"

Robin's POV

She cuts me off once again, but this time in the best way possible. With her lips colliding with mine. I immediatly respond to the taste of metal (Blood) and a taste that resembles what you'd think a tiger lily would taste like. Sassy, but sweet.

The force at which she kisses me is unbalanced and I fall back onto the bed. But I wrap my arms around her and pull her down, flush against me. She whimpers at the feeling and I frown, but continue the kiss. Instead flipping us over so she won't be hurt. By the time we separate both of us are out of breath.

"I love you too." She pants.

"Not as much as I love you." I sit up and pull her onto my lap. Brushing some hair from her face, "I will make you happy. The happiest you've ever been, to where the way you think of a knife will change entirely."

She looks up at me, uncertain.

"You don't believe me?" I ask. She reluctantly shakes her head and an idea pops into my mind. I lean in And kiss her forehead. Then lift a hand and, starting at the corner, tear the domino mask off my face. Revealing my eyes to hers in an intense stare.

y/n's POV

I gasp. "Mr. Grayson..." I whisper.

He rolls his beautiful eyes, "What's up with you and this whole 'proper, Mr. Grayson' thing?" He smirks.

"Just the innocence inside me, I guess..." I smile.

He laughs, a genuine, deep, wholehearted laugh. "Just when I thought there wasn't any left." He grabs my waist gently and flips us so he's below me, his lips are on mine in a matter of seconds.

And just like that...

After chaos and horror...

I found my purpose to live...

I guess it's true when they say...

'Most find there destiny by running from it.'