Pity Case?

Checking the time I saw I've been training for 45 minutes now. I finish the course like an expert then drop it the ground on my back. I was sweating in my long sleeve shirt, but I didn't own any short sleeves. I couldn't, no one could see the scars, I wouldn't let them. That's a decision I made a while back and I made note to find Angelina and tell her to make all my tops long sleeved.

A series of claps bring me from my thoughts. Sitting up I turn around with my mouth parted in confusion. There, in the doorway, stands an amused Mr. Queen. He smirks and stops clapping. "Funny you found this place..." he says and narrows his eyes in amusement. "We'll talk about this later, I have some people I want you to meet." He finishes then gestures for me to follow as he leaves. I quickly pick myself off the floor and jog to catch up.

He leads me to the living room. He tells me to sit down then leaves only to come back with two people. One's a younger boy about Thea's age with red hair, wearing a red jacket with ripped jeans. He looks at me with a grim while the other man smiles lightly. Oliver stands between them to introduce us, "Roy, John, this is (y/n) (l/n). I adopted her earlier this morning." He gestures to me. "And (y/n), this is John Diggle and Roy Harper." He finishes.

John steps forward, "It's nice to meet you." He says with a smile and extends his hand.

I stand and take it, "Likewise Mr. Diggle." I say and give him a tight smile while pulling my hand away faster than Flash. All attention goes to Roy as we hear him mumble something.

Oliver crosses his arms as if he knew this would happen, "What was that?" He asks.

"Why is she here?" Roy says louder.

Mr. Queen looks at John, "I'm sorry, I thought I already explained that." He says.

"So she isn't here for a reason. Just a distraction, well sorry but I don't have time for a pity case." He says disgustingly and turns to walk back the way he came. Oliver tries to stop him but it's no use.

I look down at my knees, he's right. I'm only here because Mr. Queen took pity in me. I don't belong here, this isn't it getting better. It's only getting twisted and worse, like usual. I feel tears prick in my eyes but I hold back.

I see someone squat in front of me. Looking up I see Thea, her brown hair looks straighter than before. She reaches up and pushes some hair behind my ear. "Hey..." she says softly, it reminds of the police station when Oliver tried to calm me. Pulling her hand back she continues, "don't listen to him, he's just a hothead. Oli wants you here, same for mom, John, and I. Don't worry, soon he'll get used to you and it will be like this whole exchange never happened." She explains and I reluctantly nod before standing and walking out of the room.

*Timeskip brought to you by the first time Batman ever smiled!*

I close my door and walk to my dufflebag. I found Angelina and she was fine with making the tops longsleeved. Seeing as most my close were old and raggedy, Mrs. Dearden took most of them to the dumpster but let me keep some PJs for tonight. I change and sit in my bed with my phone. Pulling the covers over my legs as I huff out a breath. A knock on the door catches my attention, "It's unlocked!" I shout.

It opens to reveal Oliver in a loose shirt and pajama pants. "Hey." He says in a tired tone.

"Hello, Mr. Queen." I greet him. Something flashes behind his eyes but it's soon gone as he sits at the foot of my bed.

"We got news of your father. They didn't find anything at the house but they think he was expecting them since you ran away. So I'm gonna need to know why you ran from him." He explains. I hum an ok as I get up to sit closer to him.

"I'll start at the beginning, when my mom died. My brother, (b/n) left shortly after, he moved to NYU and I haven't seen him since. That's kinda when it started. Father was out a lot more and started coming home drunk. Then he started blaming me for mom's death, saying it was my fault because when I was still in her stomach she got a deadly disease that I was never told of and she was fighting it throughout my childhood until she died. Then he started saying things that others would call 'mental or emotional abuse.' But it didn't go any further than that, except sometimes if I didn't look like I was listening or if I did something he didn't like he would throw a beer bottle at me. They just left some scars on my back and stomach but y'know... who cares right?" I nervously chuckle and turn around.

"Oh, you don't--" he starts but stops at the sight of my back. It's quiet for a minute until I bring my shirt back down.

Turning back to him I say, "Well... they want proof, I've got it." I'm about to go to bed until I remember something, "Hey... you said you wanted to talk?"

He perks up at this, "Right. What you did was a sight to see. For a thirteen year old girl... look tomorrow be up early. I'm gonna take you somewhere,  you'll love it... trust me." He says. I've never trusted anyone or anything besides the spot of grass in frontF of my mother's grave. But I nod anyways and he leaves shortly, letting me get little sleep after this long, long day.