Where does the good go

Ámbar didn't know how many times she woke up and then fell asleep right away but she estimated it was close to two thousands.

She has read about it; about how when people are depressed they tend to sleep the whole day to avoid reality at least for a while, to avoid the feeling of being miserable and helpless. That their brains are so tired as much as their soul and their bodies, but she never thought it would happen to her.

She knew she spent asleep for a long time and she wondered if someone had came to check up on her or if it was normal for them that she would sleep for a entire day.

When she stretched to check
up her phone she realized two days had passed and a growl on her stomach confirmed it. She was starving but she didn't want to face them. At least not yet.

She decided to take a shower to clear up her mind maybe perhaps the hunger would go away for a while.

After a long spent hour taking her beauty bath, she decided to check up her phone to see if maybe someone cared enough to call. She turned the airplane mode off the phone; thousands of missing calls from Emilia and texts from a bunch of other people but she was the only one she cared enough to respond.

-Where have you been? I've been calling you for days! You didn't come for the winning party we had yesterday! -Emilia yelled in her ear and Ámbar was already regretting calling her.

-I'm sorry about that -she said apologetic. -But believe it or not I spent the past two days sleeping.

-Are you okay? -Emilia's voice sounded a lot calmer and that somehow recomforted her.

-Of course -she tried to sound as convincingly as her usual self but failed.

-Sure you are -Emilia said sarcastically. -That's why you slept for two entire days.

-I just have some family problems. -she confessed.

-What is it? -Emilia asked and Ámbar fought really hard with herself to not tell her, not because she didn't trust her, as weird as it was she felt like they had formed a strong bond during the past weeks but she didn't want to overwhelm her with her story that was pretty fucked up to say the least.

-I had a huge fight with them and I don't want to see them at all. -she lied but half of it was true, she had fought with Lunita (god knows how much she wanted to smack her on the face) and she after all is her family. For her despair of course, but still family.

-So that's why you locked yourself in your room for two days?

-Sort of. -Well at least Emilia now nows she wasn't telling the whole truth.

-Well if that's a problem you can stay with me at my flat till you solve your things. -Emilia casually suggested.

There it was. The warm feeling in her stomach that she felt before. This girl who barely knew anything about her wanted to help her more than anyone has ever had.

-Before you say no, remember we're a team and support each other is what a team do. -Emilia tried to convince her.

Ámbar considered it. Her godmother explicitly told her to stay with the Valentes until she came back for her. But right now she couldn't do it, she had too much anger and she wasn't that good of an actress to spent all days with them pretending she doesn't want them all to die.

-So? -Emilia's voice brought her back to reality.

-Fine. But just for a few days -Ambar accepted.

-Okay then I'll send you the address in a text.

After finishing talking with Emilia and when she already sent the address to Ambar, she started packing up her things. She knew it was the best at least for now, this place was suffocating her and probably she would end up passing out from hunger because she was too stubborn to go ask them for food or worse have to lunch with them.

She took a deep breath and made her way out of the room. Everything seemed empty so far and she was thankful for that. She didn't want to deal with answers or give explanations as for why she was getting the fuck away from this place, especially to people who were once her servers.

She made her way down the stairs and saw Luna's parents watching tv together.

'They already feel like they own everything.' She thought and the feeling of anger in her chest increased. They didn't seem to notice her so she continued walking until she spotted two figures in the kitchen.

It was Luna and Simon.

She needed to get the hell out from there, but she couldn't move; her feet were glued to the floor, she couldn't breathe and her throat closed. She was pretty sure she was about to have a panic attack.

She locked eyes with Luna and she saw a confused look on her face.

-Ambar... what...

-Don't -she said harshly. She knew she was moments away from crying and she wouldn't want to do it while arguing with her nemesis -Just don't.

Then she met his eyes, they were also confused but she saw a ghost of a grin in them and she wondered if maybe he was enjoying seeing her like this; alone and without anything. Her whole body ached with pain at the thought of this and her eyes filled with tears. She saw him trying to move and she finally found the strength to run to the door.

When she finally managed to be outside she felt like she was seconds from passing out. She filled her lungs with fresh air and was about to finally go away from that place when a voice called her.

-Ambar? What is this? Why the luggage? -her ex grandpa was in front of her looking confused.

-I'm leaving -she answered as firmly as she could. -I'm staying with a friend.

-You don't have to leave, you are as part of this family as she is. I told you...

-I can't be here now. Sorry. -she didn't let him finish and walked past him to a cab that was waiting for her.

Emilia's flat wasn't so far away from the mansion. She made it to there in ten minutes. Enough for her to calm down and fix herself up to don't look like as fucked up as she was feeling.

She knocked on the door and Emilia appeared with a bright smile that made the warm feeling on her stomach return.

-Welcome to your new temporary home.

Black Out On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara