Chapter 61: Baby and I are Great

Start from the beginning

"So, have you picked a date yet?" Hannah whispers, glancing around the garden.

"What? Oh, yeah, we're thinking the fourteenth of August." She admits with a smile as she glances over at Harry, who's sat laughing at the garden table with Dean, Seamus and Neville.

"A summer wedding! You're both going to look gorgeous." Hannah squeals excitedly.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Dean jokes, catching their attention. They glance over to find that Hermione and Draco have arrived.

"Oh Helga," Hannah gasps. "They're wearing colour coordinated outfits."

Ginny gives them the once over. Her best friend and her husband are wearing matching shades of dark green. They're stood talking to the boys around the table, Draco's arm around her waist, gripped on her hip. Hermione laughs at something and he pulls her closer.

"Ginny," Hannah grips her arm excitedly. "Look at them. They're so in love."

"Shut up, Hannah." Ginny snaps. "They're obviously not. It's only been eighteen days. Do you love Neville?" She rhetorically asks.

"I definitely fancy him but I wouldn't say we love each other yet," Hannah admits with a shrug. "But we're not as compatible as they obviously are. They're so cute together." She smiles.

Ginny ignores Hannah, walking over to the table to greet Hermione. She notices Ron sneak off inside the house, away from Hermione and Draco and wonders when he'll get over himself and apologise.

"When does everyone else arrive?" Hermione asks leaning back into Draco's chest.

"Do you think we have more friends than this?" Seamus asks, raising a joking eyebrow.

"Six o'clock," Harry answers looking up at her. "You look very... erm... pretty today." He struggles to compliment her.

"Don't strain yourself, dear." Ginny laughs, leaning on the back of his chair.

"You do look very pretty though." She comments, looking her up and down. "What's with all the green though? Has this one brainwashed you?" She asks, half-jokingly nodding to Draco who grimaces at her.

"If anything, I've brainwashed him." She laughs half-heartedly, taking Draco's hand in hers. "Do you think he would have rolled his sleeves up without my input? Honestly Draco, I'm the reason we are this attractive." She says and it's obviously an inside joke by the way Draco chuckles, hugging her closer.

Ginny smiles, letting the topic drop as Blaise and Pansy arrive through the back gate with a couple of bottles of wine between them.

"Wow, thanks, you brought the good stuff," Dean mentions as he accepts the wine, placing them in the cool box under the table.

"It's a bribe," Pansy tells them. "We know you don't particularly like us so we thought we'd ply you all with great wine all night." She jokes smiling at Hermione and Draco. "Hey, I'm glad you're already here." She walks over to them, muttering something to the both of them, striking jealousy in Ginny.

"She's great." Hermione nods. "I'll tell you about it later." She adds, leaving Ginny jealously wondering what her best friend can talk about with Pansy but not with her.

"I'm going to get some water." She announces to the group but nobody seems to hear her so she makes her way into the kitchen alone where she finds Blaise and Ron stood talking.

"Hey Ginny, how are you and baby?" Blaise asks her cheerfully.

"We're both doing well, thank you." She smiles back, resting a hand over her small bump. "What about you?"