What the hell are these things?

"Hey, Will. We just arrived at the cabin in Cleveland," I said while climbing on top of a chair so neither Tulip or Aden could yank the phone out of my hands.

"And you're being careful, right? Cleveland is crawling with witch hunters," Will said.

"Of course I'm being careful. I got Tulip and Aden with me too," I said, rolling my eyes. Why didn't he call me everyday to make sure I was okay when he was traveling the US?

"Yeah, but can they do what we do?"

"No, but I can. You're being careful too, aren't you?"

"I'm good," he said then sighed, "I know you think I'm being weird."

"Why would I think that?" I asked sarcastically.

"Because I left for a year then came back a month ago and all of a sudden I care so much about your safety," he said. I didn't say anything, "I think you forget how much time we spent together before dad left. I practically know everything about you, so, I'm sorry that I didn't talk to you for a year. I wasn't thinking, and I was stupid."

"It's alright, Will. But don't forget, I know everything there is to know about you too. Except for your crush on Micah, I didn't know that until Texas. Why don't you call her?" I asked and Will laughed on the other side of the line.

"If I call her, will you quit bugging me?"

"I'll put that on my list of things to consider," I joked, "bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and jumped down from the chair.

"I can't decided if your more protective of Will, or if Will is more protective of you," Aden said.

"Beats me," I shrugged. "What are we doing today?" I asked. We arrived early in the morning after sleeping in the car. Tulip and Aden claim to have had the worse night of their lives. I, on the other hand, slept quite nicely.

"Correction, what are we going to do tomorrow. I'm going to go to sleep," Aden said.

"Aw, come on. The car wasn't that bad!" I argued.

"How did you sleep so well?" Tulip asked with a yawn.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I guess I used to it. Will and I went on a lot of long road trips as kids."

"Well, you can go find something to do, but Aden and I are going to sleep," Tulip said and they disappeared into separate rooms.

I walked around the cabin, checking it out, it was nice. Only one problem though, no food.

I scribbled a note down saying I was headed to the store then took Tulip's car.

And because I'm an idiot who's never been to Cleveland before, I couldn't find a store and ended up on some backroad, I parked on the side of the road to look up directions on my phone.

Then I got a sense that I was being watched. I looked around but no one was there, but because I know enough about paranormal things I turned the car back on and drove well over the speed limit, "not today, motherfucker," I muttered.

A rock came flying into the windshield, the glass cutting my face, I just drove faster.

Then a larger rock crashed into the side of the side of the car, sending the car upside down and sliding down the road. Blood ran down the side of my face and I struggled to open the crushed door open, but they had no problem yanking it off, pulling me out of the car and punching my jaw hard enough to black out.

What the hell are these things?