Graveyard

Will's POV

Anika's funeral was today, the moment the the ceremony was over, Liz excused herself and went to walk around a bit.

I didn't pay too much attention to the ceremony, I've been to enough to know what they're like. I was more focused on how Anika could've died if we banished the ghosts and the crew.

"Hey, I'm Tulip," some blonde girl said, popping up in front of me.

"Will," I said half-heartedly, instead focusing my attention to the grave with nothing but the letters KE on it.

"You're Liz's hot older brother, right?" She said, dragging her fingers down my arm.

"Uh. Yeah, speaking of, I gotta go talk to her," I said and quickly moved away to find Liz.

I wasn't that hard to find her, she was leaning against the wall of the church, whipping the tears she refused to let loose during the ceremony.

"Oh, hey." She said, pushing her hair back and smiling.

"You know it's okay to cry," I said, she nodded. "On the ship, did you see any initials on it?"

"Yeah, KE or something. Why?"

"Well I think that one body was buried, and that's the Captain, K.E." I told her my theory and she thought it over.

"Makes since, then we just have to find his grave," she said, pushing herself off the wall.

"Already found it, but it doesn't seem like anyone's leaving anytime soon and it's almost sunset. The Captain will come out soon."

"Okay,I'll get everyone away, you go make another batch of the potion then we'll banish this motherfucker," Liz said, hot with anger.

Liz's POV

"Hey, you good?" Tulip asked as I returned to the graveyard, thinking up some sort of lie to get everyone out. Digging up a grave isn't exactly something you want your friends to see.

"Yeah, I'm good. Some church dude just told me to get everyone off the land, another family's coming in and they want it empty. Help me out?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure," Tulip shrugged and we split up to go tell the story to everyone else, although only one of us knew it was fake.

Once everyone left I told them I'd leave in a moment then ducked behind the church until they were out of view. I reached in my pocket to call Will but it was empty. "Damnit," I muttered, remembering that I didn't have my phone anymore.

I spotted a shed in the corner of the graveyard and after checking that no one was looking I ran over and kicked one of the doors down, grabbing a shovel.

"Wasn't expecting that," Will said from behind me and I smirked.

"Where's the grave?"

"Here," Will pointed to the gravestone with only the initials K.E. on it and started digging.

"This is going to take too long, suns going down and I'm only three feet under," I sighed, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"Want time to dig?" Will offered, sticking his hand out.

"It's not like you'll go any faster."

"Thanks, why don't you ju--"

"Will?" I yelled looking up from the grave but Will wasn't there, "Will!"

"Keep digging, I got this!" Will yelled as the Captain pulled him by the ankles. He chucked the little container, I easily caught it and picked up the pace, digging faster and a much smaller hole.

"Throw salt!" I yelled, as I kept digging.

"You don't think I thought of that? I don't have any!"

"You idiot!" I yelled back, taking some salt out of my jacket pocket and chucking it at the Captain. It burst at his feet and he vanished. Will scrambled back over to me.

"Hurry up and finish that hole!" Will yelled.

"I know!" I said as I hit the coffin, I stuck my foot down the hole and kicked the coffin open. I got out the container but I was yanked from the coffin. "Catch!" I yelled throwing the container to Will and kicking the ghost although it didn't do anything, obviously.

The Captain appeared behind Will so he threw the container back to me. The Captain disappeared so I threw it back to Will.

I dashed back to where the salt burst and picked up as much as I could, throwing it at Wills back as the Captain appeared behind him again and Will dumped the potion into the coffin, I moved next to him and watched the bones melt and covered our ears when the deafening scream came, (we could still hear it though).

"That was fun," I said as Will threw his arm over my shoulder and we trudged away from the graveyard.

"Sure it was," Will replied sarcastically, but he was smiling.