chapter 23

(Y/N POV)
I ran over to Tyler, grinning. "You did so amazing!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He had performed at a concert again, and it still had been beautiful.

There were new songs this time.

"By the time I get my big break, you'll be my wife!" he said happily, kissing my head. He pulled away quickly and examined my face, concerned. "Were you crying?"

"Maybe." I blushed a little bit and wiped my eyes. "I love the songs, Tyler."

"So do I," he said.

"Hey," Josh said, walking up to me. I turned and hugged him tightly.

"You were awesome!" I said, still grinning. "I couldn't think of a better duo than the two of you."

"Me either. But I'm hungry," Josh answered. "What's for dinner, (Y/N)?"

"Spaghetti," I answered. Tyler and Josh high-fived. "I'm guessing that means you're okay with it." They both nodded vigorously, and I smiled. They really were just like little kids.

"Come on, let's go. I'm hungry," Tyler said, walking towards the car. I got in the driver's seat, Tyler in the passenger seat and Josh in the back, and smiled. "I trust you with driving."

"I'm very trustworthy," I said, and I began to drive around, taking in the scenery. Usually, I wasn't this happy when I was driving, but today was different. I smiled up at the sky. "I don't know why I'm so happy today."

"I don't know either," Tyler said. "But if happiness means spaghetti, you should smile more." Josh laughed and Tyler grabbed my free hand.

We got home quickly, Tyler still glowing from the concert. They went into their separate rooms to get ready, and I started making dinner. I turned on the radio to distract me and I nearly dropped my glass bowl.

"TYLER! JOSH! GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!" I yelled, and they both ran out of their rooms, looking confused. "Listen." I turned up the radio, and it took them a moment to realize what they were hearing.

"That's our song," Tyler whispered. "Josh, that's our song." Josh hugged Tyler tightly, and Tyler just looked shocked.

"Tyler, twenty one pilots is now being heard by anyone on this station," Josh said, his voice growing excited.

"Josh, we are on the radio!"

Tyler and Josh were so crazy happy and it warmed my heart. I finished up dinner and we all sat down, Tyler holding my hand. He leaned over and kissed me.

"Thank you for dinner!" he said, starting to eat.  I laughed and ate along with him, grinning. I hadn't seen him this happy in a long time, and I loved it. Oh, how much I loved it.

That night, I stayed up extra late preparing something for them. When I checked the clock and it was 4 AM, I decided it was time to go to sleep.

The next morning, I woke them both up at nine. They were exhausted, but I still made sure they were awake. I needed them to listen.

"Get up! I have breakfast!" I said, leaning over Tyler and kissing his forehead. He groggily got up and walked into the kitchen.

"Thank you," he said, kissing me and walking into the kitchen. I sat down on the couch when the radio came on.

"The band of the decade, twenty one pilots, is having a concert next Friday in the basement," the announcer said. He added information on how to get tickets. I watched as Tyler and Josh, shocked and happy, stared at me.

"Did you do this?" Josh asked in disbelief. I stood up.

"I may have played a part in it, yes," I said, shyly smiling and staring at my feet. Instantly, Tyler jumped up and ran over to me.

"I don't even know how to thank you!" he said, hugging me tightly. "I am so grateful for you." Josh joined in on the hug.

"I'm glad you're so happy," I said, nuzzling my head into Tyler's shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you more!" He picked me up and spun me around, laughing. "I know we are just barely out of high school, but I still feel like we are meant to be..."

"I feel the same, Tyler," I answered. "And don't ever forget it."

"I won't." He sat down and continued eating.
TIME SKIP: THE CONCERT
(TYLER POV)
I looked out at the crowd full of people.

I couldn't breathe. There were so many, and I felt anxious.

I didn't know if I would be able to perform.

I looked over at Josh, who looked terrified. Then I looked at (Y/N).

She smiled and waved, but her smile faded. Her face turned pale and she pointed to where Josh was sitting at the drums.

I watched in horror as the building began to collapse.