Chapter 14

Flammable is up to 24 chapters. Please bear with me and wait for the remaining chapters. :)

Ariel :)

p.s. let me just remind you guys that this book is unedited. I get lazy to edit most of the time. That said, enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stared at each other for a whole minute before she threw her arms around my neck.

I heard BC and the man gasp at us and I saw Ariel’s confused stare, quickly replaced with annoyance. If she’s here, then…

I turned to BC and the man and narrowed my eyes at him. Minus the facial hair and the longer hair, I could make a deduction as to who this is too.

“Drop the gun, Doug. They are my friends.” I sighed and unwrapped Tammy’s arms from my neck. I honestly didn’t think that they are still alive after all these months. The traveler did say that they were done for. Now, here I am, standing face to face with Tammy, the same woman that tried to get in my pants months ago.

Except, well, she’s hotter now.

Doug slowly dropped the gun from BC’s head, earning a sigh from my scared friend. “Why… if it isn’t Xerxes McCurses! I didn’t recognize ya there, son!” Doug, a southern man who married Tammy’s mom, Eliza, walked towards me roughly clapping me in the back that caused the dust there to dislodge.

Doug and Tammy fired series of questions at me and I really want to answer them and ask them a few questions myself. Why is your house ripped to pieces? What’s up with you guys lodging here at St. Louise? What the hell happed to both of you?!

Before I could open my mouth to fire my own series of questions, we all heard someone clear their throat. The three of us stopped talking and turned to see Ariel crossing her arms.

“I hate to break it up to you people but Xerxes and I have to complete a certain mission. We need to go,” she said grabbing the plastic bags in the floor. She tossed a few at BC who barely caught it.

Doug and Tammy looked at me for confirmation. I shrugged and grinned at them as I flaunt my jacket in front of Doug. Doug’s eyes grew from amazement to irritation then to confusion. He glanced at Tammy who looks surprised as well and back to Ariel who’s completely ignoring us. My friends.

How mature, general.

“You found the Fort,” Doug said slowly, processing the information in his brain. For a minute, all we did is stare at each other while all we heard are Ariel’s constant grunting and her constant muttering of curses.

“Damn right I did,” I grinned again at him, breaking the silence. I grabbed a few plastic bags and turned to Tammy and Doug. I looked around; quite sure that Eliza’s going to pounce out in the corner now.

I scanned the area and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Weird.

“Where’s Eliza? You left her home again, didn’t you?”

For a minute, both Doug and Tammy averted their eyes from me and I thought I saw Doug’s eyes water. Confused of their actions, I waited for their answer but it seems like I’m not getting any.

I heard Ariel smirk from the background and the clatter of plastic bags as she finished the stack. “Interesting. Seems like your friends are not ready to admit to you that the person of your attention is no longer alive,” I snapped at her direction but she’s looking amused than remorseful “, that, or she’s gone to another place without them. It falls in those two categories if you’re a nomad.”