Chapter 12

I have already finished Flammable in Microsoft Word last month. (yehey!) And I only need to upload it. I'm now working on Burnt(the sequel) and my TESTING THE WATERS challenge. If you guys have time, check on it when I upload it? Testing the waters are one shots stories in different genre. So far, I have only started with werewolf, mystery/thriller and historical fiction.

Thank you for reading this author's note. On with the show.

I sat patiently in the Presidential building, the couch soft underneath my aching body. Ariel and I arrived at the Fort together with her behind me, still fuming about Kyle's tomb. She mumbled a lot and worst part in that is she's pulling everyone with her mood.

I had to make sure that I stay at the assault department and skip my own training because she's giving her men a hard time and Guilmore is scared about her making another crazy scheme against the assault department. I just watched her work and calmed her when she's about to burst and hurt someone. Really, this is much like babysitting a five year old!

I watched her drive away at dinner with her dropping hints that I should sleep with her tonight as well. I was tempted to do so because she's supposed to be my cargo but voted against that as I remembered that her monthly period might be in its end. Fearing for my safety, I just told the truth about me having plans tonight. She just grumbled as she sped away.

So, here I am! In the president's building, waiting for him to call to me. The president is a very busy man and he wouldn't accept anyone just as easy without an appointment. My acceptance here was brought about by me saying our experience about this morning in Ariel's home.

He accepted immediately.

I glanced at my watch and saw that it is already ten in the evening. I sighed and tapped on my shoes. There is no one in the hall way. The hallway stretched a long way and around the building are portraits of Generals even before Ariel. I looked around the portraits and saw her immediately. Ariel's wearing her brown jacket that says general behind and she looks haughty though there's this mischievous smile she always wore. Next to her is Guilmore looking intimidating and next to Guilmore is Ariel's best friend, Damon. His dark hair is combed back and he's smiling the same smile Ariel wore. I get the feeling that if he's still here, it's probably a hell lot of difficult.

I heard the door open and I immediately stand up. I came face to face with the Supreme General himself, his back is still arched and he still wore a gentle smile. "Ah, Xerxes. Let me entertain you now, come on inside."

He left the door open and I stepped inside. The night sky is already dark and I could see the flashes of the lights in the fort, other than that, there are no other lights lit up. The Supreme General sat behind the oak table and looked at me, waiting for me to explain. I draw a breath and started explaining what happened to Ariel and I, leaving no detail lost.

When I am done, the general stared at me for a few seconds, probably contemplating about what to do with my statement. He pulled a paper and a blue fountain pen from his desk and began writing.

"Tell me, Xerxes," he started, not taking his eyes off the paper ", are you with General Ariel?"

The question took me by surprise. "Uh... no, General," I said wrinkling my eyebrows in confusion ", I... uh, am honestly surprised at your question."

"Ariel is like a child to me," he explained glancing up to meet my gaze ", apparently, Kyle is the only one who has ever entered her house. I didn't even get to enter her home. You're about the only one other than her late husband that ever set foot in her little church."

I froze at the statement. "If there is nothing between the two of you, then I am lost in confusion," he said smiling as he started writing in his paper again ", apparently, she has strong feelings for you. Do you feel the same?"