Chapter 4

I uploaded! Okay, I don't know why, but I think I've uploaded chapter 4 and 5 recently but I can't find it. :( I don't know if it's within wattpad's server or me. 

Anyway, just in case I double uploaded this, well, okay.

Enjoy!

I woke up in the middle of the night as I felt something in my shirt.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a dark angel peering through my bunk. She still looks good even though it’s a dream, damn her. I felt a sharp pain in my cheek as I realized that she just slapped me.

“Wake up, little boy,” the dark angel said curving her seductive red lips in a smile. I groaned and realized that it’s not a dream after all. She stood up and I saw that she’s clad in a leather jacket and tight jeans. She slapped me again, this time, lighter than before.

“W-Why are you in the boys’ tents?!” I whispered-slash-shouted at her. She clicked her lips as she swung her ponytail out of her shoulders. I noticed that she’s wearing a low shirt underneath the leather and a shiny silver necklace. Damn, she looks so good even this late in the evening.

I glanced around and saw the analogue clock in the table saying it’s two in the morning. I grabbed my jacket hanging in the table and put it on. Ariel looked around us and saw people still sleeping, I saw her smile again “, damn, with these type of people, they are never going to win against me.” Arrogant Ariel. You’ll get used to it easily.

“What are we doing this late? I should be sleeping.”

“The game starts now, sleepy pants. The judges evaluates the light sleepers and seeing that I am the only one alert enough missing my members, I’ve decided to wake you all up.”

“Isn’t that like cheating?” I said tying my boots. She smiled at me again nodding “, it is exactly cheating but all is fair in love and war.” She winked at me as she walked out of the door. I rolled my eyes and walked after her. Arrogant, cheating Ariel.

We reached the door and closed it silently. I saw a group of people about ten gathered around the boys’ dorm. I saw Chaff immediately and ran to him. Joan seems grumpy upon realizing that we’re waking up in two in the morning. Barcode seems alive though, his eyes are glued in the laptop screen typing away with his other hand while the other held on it. Ariel grinned mischievously as she approached our group.

“It’s this all… weird? Aren’t we supposed to wait for a signal or something to waken us from our slumber? That’s the signal of the games, right?” Joan asked rolling her eyes at her.

“Oh don’t worry, Ariel does this kind of thing,” a man from behind said. Glancing at his direction, I saw that he’s in his late thirties with dark brown hair. He has a paintball gun hanging from his belt  “, the last game she’s in, well, let’s just say that’s the highlight of the papers then.”

“Exactly, Dragon!” Ariel said excitedly. She was grinning all over… like she prepared something. That grin is exactly the one she wore upon writing in that damned Wall of Fame. “The last games didn’t really… uh, offer much fun but this time I swear we’re going to have fun!”

“Wait, what happened the last games you were leader?” Chaff asked rubbing his hands together.

Someone behind us cleared her throat “, well, the entire field crumbled after some weird explosion someone set up beneath the catacombs of the field,” she said warily rolling her brown eyes at us. “That got her suspended in the games and missions.”

“Hush!” She warned at all of us. I almost felt breathless. She just bombed the whole field?! I saw Chaff open mouthed and he almost looked scared. Okay, too much sugar coating, he’s deathly scared of her agenda.