33. can you feel the love tonight

POV Y•N

Simon said he planned a big dinner date tonight. We've been together for almost five years and he's never taken the initiative of planning himself. I usually picked our date nights.

He said to dress pretty casual and that it was a surprise. I put on some jeans and an Ed Sheeran shirt from the concert we went to ages ago. "You still have that shirt?" Simon chuckled as we got into the car. "Of course. I fricking love Ed Sheeran." I said.

Simon told me to close my eyes as he led me to wherever our date was. "Open." There was a blanket in the grass with candles and a picnic basket. "This is so cute, Si. You'll have to plan our dates more." I said as we sat on the blanket.

We ate the picnic Simon had prepared and talked. I rested my head on his chest as we layed under the stars.
"Y/N, can I ask you something?" Simon said as we both sat up. "You just did." I giggled. Simon smiled and pulled me to my feet before getting on one knee. I couldn't help but put a hand over my mouth in anticipation.

"Y/N, I've known you for six years and they've been the best years of my whole life. I love you more than anything in the entire world. I want to settle down, have kids, and a dog, named Simba of course since you probably won't let our son's middle name be after a Disney movie. But,
Y/F/N will you marry me?"

Even at a time like this he throws light into the situation. "Of course!" I cried as we kissed. We went home after Simon and I had a moment of kissing and crying- well, I was the one crying.