Chapter 4

(The day of the accident)

Zayn

I have to tell him. Living with this insecurity is driving me crazy! He’s sitting right next to me, watching TV with his angelic face. Sitting so close to him but not able to be myself is taking me every bit of self-control I have. It’s time. “Liam, can you help me get some drinks and chips?” I asked. “Yeah sure, no problem.” I’m shaking on my legs, I just can’t believe I’m about to do this.

“Hey Li, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, what’s the matter?”

“If someone close to you said that he likes you, but I mean like really really likes you, what would you say to him?”

“Haha, I would tell him to stop messing around. What’s this all about, Zayn?”

“Nevermind, Payne. Let’s go back to the living room.”

“No, please tell me”

“You really want to know? Fine, I love you Liam, I have loved you since the day we first met.”

“You got to be kidding me, you? Not even remotely possible.”

“I knew it was a bad idea, never mind.”

“Wait, are you really telling the truth?”

“Of course I am, you twat! I’m telling you how I feel about you and you act like it’s some kind of joke! I’m out of here”

“No Zayn, wait!”

I just couldn’t take it anymore. I knew this would happen, why was I so stupid? Things will never be the same again. Grabbing my car keys, I rushed out, not even responding to the shouts of Liam and the mumbling in the living room. Revving up the engine, I got the hell out of that place and just started driving. The storm had been raging on for days now, so some streets were blank. Suddenly I felt drops on my cheek. Was it raining inside? No, I was crying. I, the bad boy of the band was crying! From the corner of my eyes a shadow is coming rapidly towards me…

Liam

“No Zayn, wait! Come back!”

The door slammed shut. Everyone was staring at me. What have I done? The boy I love just ran away from me because I couldn’t be honest to him. Or just not honest to myself? “Guys, we need to go after him!” “But Li, it’s pouring outside.” “Fine I’ll go get him myself.” I took my jacket, grabbed a pair of keys and ran towards the nearest car. Please come back, Zayne. It seemed like hours when I finally found Zayn’s car. But what I saw struck me with complete horror. A tree had landed right on top of his car…