"Yes, exactly." Chase finished the last of his cereal and leaned back in his chair. "No, a bunch of people practice at the track and it gets packed, so I need to get there early if I want to get a good run in." Chase took both of our bowls into the kitchen and put them in the sink.

"I see." I walked back to the couch and wrapped myself in the blanket I dragged down the stairs from my room last night. "Why don't you go for a run down the road or something? Why does it have to be at the track?"

"Well I'm a sprinter, so I sprint at the track." Chase came to sit in the living room with me. He sat in a chair, diagonal from the couch. "Do you want to come?" He looked at his hands in his lap and then, as if he were uncomfortable, scratched the back of his head. "I mean, since you're already up and everything."

Our gaze met for a second before we both looked away. "Um, I would love to but I think I should stay here and get settled in more. Thanks for the offer though."

Chase stood up and walked to the stairs. "Yeah, no you're right. Um, well, I should get ready. Uh, I'll see you later." He walked upstairs and all I could hear was his footsteps heading towards his room and the door closing. Well that was weird. Our fun little conversation, just turned really awkward. He seemed different than the first time we talked. It was as if he was uncomfortable around me.

I sat on my bed reading The Hunger Games. I had gotten 30 pages into it when I heard my phone ring. I got off of my bed and walked over to my desk, where my phone was. I looked at the picture that was plastered across the front of it. It was Kristen's face. In the picture she was wearing her favorite shirt, a blue and black tank top that said Cali on it. Kristen lived in California before she moved here, five years ago. She had been set on remembering where she came from. Even now.

I quickly picked it up and hit the green answer button. "Hallow," I said as I put it on speaker.

"Hey Ellie, Bella's here too," Kristen said. When is she ever not there?

"Hey, what's up?" I asked nonchalantly.

I heard whispering on the end of the line and then an, "Ow," which came from Bella. I pictured Kristen hitting her arm after she said something that she wasn't supposed to.

"Guy's, what's going on?" I asked. I was really frustrated that they weren't telling me something. I could tell they were hiding something. I had been through this so many times before, but they were always just looking out for me.

"Uh, there's something we have to tell you." Bella went silent after she said that.

I closed my eyes and laid back on my bed. "What is it?"

"Ellie, please don't get mad at us. We're only telling you this to protect you and-" I cut Kristen off,

"What is it?" I demanded. I was getting irritated by the way she was droning on and on about it. "Just tell me."

Kristen took a deep breath. I pictured her looking over at Bella who had her usual worried look on her face. "We think Jason's cheating on you." I blinked. I blinked again. What did they mean by that? That he was... with another girl?

I sat up. "What do you mean?"

"We mean, he's sneaking around with another girl."

"No I know what it means, but with who?" They need to have proof before they start accusing him of stuff.

"We think it's Mandy. She's in our gym class and A2." Oh, I know Mandy. She's tall, pretty, smart, she does gymnastics and lacrosse, she's good at everything she does. She's the whole package. No wonder Jason likes her. Wait, you don't know that he's cheating. "What makes you think he's cheating?" I asked.