Chapter 14

Chapter 14

After their practice ended, Ethan said he'd take me home. I told him that Jared was going to take me home. We drove around for a little bit and he sang for me in the car. It was really funny but he told me that he should drop me off after a while because he probably smelled really bad. I told him that it was fine but he didn't listen to me.

When he pulled up to the driveway he kissed me on the cheek and told me he would see me tomorrow. He also said he was looking forward to the dinner at the Johnson's house. I told him I was too, but I was also nervous. I didn't tell him that part. I didn't want him to worry about the boys acting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I woke up nice and early to get ready for school. Chase was giving me and the boys a ride to school. When I woke up I went straight to the bathroom to start to get ready. I took a shower and brushed my hair. When I was done with that I went back to my room and got dressed.

I stood in front of my closet looking at what I should wear. I wasn't entirely sure but then I found the perfect thing. It was a blue dress with pink flowers on the bottom of it. My mom had given it to me for my birthday last year. It was hard to put it on. It really was. It reminded me so much of her. She always knew exactly what I would like.

I walked to the bathroom and started to put on some makeup. I didn't put on a lot. I usually don't wear any but I thought I should look nice for my first day. Usually I get dressed up and make myself look pretty.

When I was done with the make up I went back to my room to put on some jewelry. I decided that since I was wearing something my mom gave me, I'd wear something my dad gave me as well. I put on the small heart necklace he gave me when I was eight. It had a small diamond in the middle. I never really wore it becuase I was afraid I would lose it. He always told me that I shouldn't worry about losing it because it could always be replaced. I don't think he realized how much it meant to me. I wish I could have told him.

"Hey, are you re-" he stopped. I wiped a small tear that was about to escape from my eyes. When I turned around I saw Chase standing in my doorway.

I looked down embarrassed. He seemed shocked that I was so dressed up. "You look really nice," he said as if it were uncontrollable to keep in.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

"I was going to ask if you were ready to go. You still have some time if not," he said.

"Uh, I'm almost ready. Give me five more minutes," I said and he nodded leaving the room. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. When I was done I looked in the mirror one last time and then went downstairs.

The boys were all rushing with food and lunches. When I made it to the bottom step, it squeaked under my foot. The boys all turned there heads and stopped what they were doing and looked at me. "What?" I looked down at my outfit. Was there something on my dress?

Lydia came out of the pantry and came over to me. "Oh Ellie, you look so beautiful." She gave me a big hug and I hugged her back.

"Thank you Lydia." I smiled at her.

"I made lunches for everyone. Yours is over there," she said pointing to a brown paper bag. Just like in the movies, I thought. "You can grab anything for breakfast." She looked at the clock then gasped. "You guys have to go," she said pushing the older boys out of the door. I assumed she was going to drive the younger ones.

I grabbed my lunch and an apple for breakfast. I put them in my bag that was by the door. I slid on my white flats and went to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~