Chapter 27

ATTENTION: In this chapter there will be some mentions of self harm and there is a bit of self harm. If this is a sensitive topic to you then I suggest that you skip over this chapter. If you don't like to hear about this sort of thing then I would skip it. There will be a recap at the beginning of the next chapter. This will be a continuous theme throughout this book for a while. This is the only chapter that goes into depth about what she is doing to herself. Other chapters will just talk about it and it won't be in depth. If that is still too sensitive for some people then I will keep posting recaps at the beginning of each chapter. If you would like me to post recaps I would really appreciate it if you could tell me in a comment. Thanks and enjoy.

Chapter 27

After the eventful weekend I had, I had to go to school and face everyone. Word had probably gotten around the school already and even more people would probably be staring today. I didn't want to face anyone. I just wanted to lock myself in this room and finish Pretty Little Liars. I probably could. It would only take me about three more days. I blew through shows on Netflix a lot.

After watching the end of the episode I fell asleep to last night, I started to get ready. There really wasn't any point in trying to look good today, since everyone would be glaring anyway. I threw on a T-shirt and skinny jeans. I went to the bathroom across the hall to do my hair. I brushed it and pulled it back, into a ponytail. Keaton walked in right as I was about to leave. He looked surprised when he saw me.

"Good morning," he said, cautiously. It was like he was scared I would start crying or get mad or something. I smiled it off and walked past him while messing up his hair.

As I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen Ethan and Wesley were sitting at the dining room table eating their breakfast and Chase was in the kitchen getting his. He was pouring himself a bowl of lucky charms. He had just finished when he looked up and saw me. "Hey, good morning," he said. It was different than Keaton's though. It was friendlier.

I half smiled at him. "Morning." I walked behind him and got a bowl out of the cabinet.

He picked up the box of cereal. "Do you want some?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yes please." I set the bowl on the counter next to him and moved to the refrigerator as he poured some for me. I took out the milk and poured some in each of our bowls.

I put it back in the refrigerator and as I was walking back towards the counter Chase and I almost collided. He moved around me and as he did his hand lightly brushed against my back. It sent a chill down my spine. He took his bowl and sat at the table with the other guys. I thought it would be better if I just sat at the counter.

I pulled the stool out that was in front of me and took a seat. My back was towards them but I could hear their murmurs. They just talked about football and school. They were really polite not to ask or talk about what had happened. They hadn't done that at all yet. Not even with my parents. I'm sure they were curious. Lydia probably filled them in on most of it, but there was probably stuff she didn't even know. It was really nice of them not to let their curiosity to get the best of them.

The guys all slowly finished their food and soon it was just me and Chase left downstairs. When he finished he came over to the kitchen to put his bowl away and then leaned across the counter to look at me. He was silent for a moment and then spoke. "I'm sure you don't want to talk about any of this, but if you do I'm here for you and you can come to me whenever you'd like." He stopped and looked at me to see how I felt about his offer.

"Thanks, but I don't really want to right now," I said. He nodded understandingly.

"I understand. There's no rush. I can also be around today during school if you'd like. I mean during lunch and in between classes. Just in case Jared starts anything." I thought about that. That was actually a good idea. I assumed he would try to talk to me today since I hung up on him yesterday. After our conversation he didn't try to text me again. Neither did Jason.