Missionary

It was any old day, nothing special about it in particular to be honest. I woke up, peed, got dressed, and brushed my teeth, must I go on? Nothing special. Nothing unusual. I always liked to wear my knee socks and leg warmers once it got to this time of year. I always felt they were a good combo if worn right. Big emphasis on if. I slid on my boots and a jacket that matched and called it a day walking out the house. No one yelled,

"Byeeee!" So I figured Zouls had went on to work. Zouls is my aunt; the youngest on my father's side. I live with her since my parents found playboy magazines and clipping from Teen Vogue in a book I had labeled, "Fuckable" and decided I was a fag and not worthy to live under their roof of their good Christian home. So I dwell here with Zouls. Walking down the steps I see Mr. Mattu mopping his same part of the stairwell.

"Ullu ke pathe! I'm mopping here! Can't you see?!" Throwing up his hands as he does every day.

"Yes, I do Mr.Mattu and I love you too!" I yell back throwing a hand up in response to his bird. I just loved his attitude so much. Joining the sea of other commuters I made my way to the bus stop, then walked two blocks to Donia's house. As usual she came out the house making me look like shit and her the latest celebrity collab with Versace. Today it was a pastel blue spaghetti strapped dress that stopped at mid thigh with white fistnets with diamonds in them along with a matching turtle neck. Her hair was in a half up-half down look with two braids coming to a bun and her makeup was well..as you can guess as snatched as her outfit. Yes my bestfriend was always like this, no matter the occasion. Always on point, Donia.

"Well shit. Okay! Okay!" I say clapping as she walks out her door and onto the stoop,

"Yasss girl! Yassss!"

"Well bitch you know I had to. I had to!" She says hitting multiple poses as I fake take pictures of her causing us both to laugh as strangers gave us strange looks as they pasted.

"They ain't ready for us." I said wrapping my arm in hers smiling.

"When are they ever? But anyway so I know you not all with the dick thing bu-"

"Dick thing? Really?" I say interrupting her making a face at her as we get on our final bus to school.

"Yes! Thing! Person! Same thing! You don't ride it." She says bouncing on the seat causing the old lady in front of us to eyeball her as we cheese in her face.

"Nor suck it. Don't forget that too Donia" I say making sure to make it extra loud for the lady in front of us as we both laugh.

"Oh my God bro, you're a mess! But a mess I love. Anyway, this dude I been talking to want us to go to this party next weekend so likeeee? You know, come with me." Donia said resting her head on my shoulder as the bus started to move.

"Who is this guy and what kinda people he fuck with? He kool and all?" I say pulling a bag full of cherries from my backpack pocket eating one from it and handing her one.

"I mean yeah, he hangs out with Rodney, Ro, and Dylan and all them."

"You know I can't fucking stand Ro." I say shaking my head rubbing my temple hoping the rub the memory of Ro outta there too.

"Okay okay I know you and Ro didn't end well and all but come on Angel you gotta get over it sometime." She says pouting looking at me as I give her the 'Are you serious?' look.

"How bout never? How bout that?" I say rolling my eyes turning to the window as I pop another cherry in my mouth.

"Just think about it. That's all I'm saying." She says stealing one of my cherries causing me to roll my eyes again making her laugh. We arrive to our stop a little early so we take our time walking. As soon as we get there dudes are already trynna talk to D. I just roll my eyes and let her handle that while I get meet up with the rest of the squad. I find them over in the square grounds playing music as usual. Leo's dressed in his best as usual, eyebrows fresh too. I instantly compliment him and hug him. Then Clare comes up with her boo thang, Josh. I swear they been dating since like the eighth grade and we juniors now. I sit down and look around to notice Stephanie's not here.