Chapter 42 Detained and Darkness

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson).

I should be finishing up my homework and sleeping, but eh...it's been a while since I've updated.

Bianca's POV

Nico and I frantically sprinted down the tunnel. We skidded to a stop when we were faced with two branches of more tunnels.

"You can run, but you can't hide, halfbloodsssss!" The monster cackled.

We glanced back into the darkness and watched for any movements of the monster in sight.

"Turn here!" Nico directed, gesturing to the tunnel on the right.

I nodded, and we darted to the right.

"Anca! She's catching up!" Nico warned, taking a glimpse behind us.

My eyes widened when I looked back.

Blimey...she can slither fast!

"Ow!" I yelped, tripping on a root.

My hands landed first, slapping against the dirt floor with snow instantly already covering my fall.

I had to trip.

"Anca!" Nico called.

He helped me up and dragged me away. The snake woman was close, gliding towards us.

"Go away!" I screamed, shooting ice shards at the snake woman.

"Let's go, Anca!" Nico exclaimed, tugging onto me.

I nodded and dashed beside him. We didn't know where this tunnel would lead us. We were both losing our energy and breath as we raced down to nowhere.

"Ah!" I heard Nico shout and his voice fading.

I no longer felt his presence next to me, and I halted. I spun to see Nico suddenly pinned to the walls of the labyrinth. This was not the snake woman but a different reptilian monster.

"Let go of him!" I screamed, concentrating on summoning icicles to fall down and split her neck.

All of a sudden, something cold and rough grabbed my neck  and pressed me also to the wall. I opened my eyes and found the snake lady's fangs in front of my face. I kicked and struggled to escape her firm grip. She tightened her hold on my neck and squeezed my neck. I clawed at her scaly hands that were wrapped around my throat.

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think.

Percy's POV

I felt lonely without Tyson in my cabin. Because I was so exhausted, I passed out on my bed, and it seemed like dreams decided to find me tonight.

I was placed in a king's courtroom. In this big white chamber, there were marble columns and a wooden throne. On the wooden throne, there was a round man with curly red hair and a crown of laurels. There were three girls dressed in blue robes standing by his side. They looked like his daughters since they all inherited his red hair.

The doors creaked open, and a herald came in. "Minos, King of Crete!" The herald announced.

Minos?

A man with a serious expression entered the room. Minos was tall, and his pointed beard had gone gray. Mud was stuck against his sandals, and whenever he walked, his footprints stained  the floor.

He bowed stiffly to the man sitting on the wooden throne. "King Cocalus," he greeted. "I understand you have solved my little riddle?" Minos' voice was still the same when we met him earlier.