Chapter 29:The Aftermath

Ash looks down at her palms depressingly realizing that the cost of their mission was too high, friends, family, lost, to not return.
Pyrah and Sparks walk up looking just as bad. Pyrah seemed angry She punches Ash then runs away crying Ash staggers and stares at Pyrah with a confused stare, but she understood. Ollie appears out of nowhere and jumps on Ash knocking her to the ground. Sparks looks around, "What did we achieve Ash?"
Ash stands up, and wipes some tears away, "nothing."

Later on they were all over the news for the incident at the party they were unknown suspects to the world, but to S.T.E.P. every aspect of them were studied. That evening Pyrah, Blaze, Sparks, Scorch, Ash and Ollie gather underneath an oak tree in the backyard of the facility to place a candle for their lost comrades that sacrificed themselves for the team. "So, what are we going to do now Ash?" Pyrah asks.
"We start over at square one."
Ash drops a yellow rose and walks away facing the magnificent sunset, "except I'm not one to lead anymore." A faint breeze brushes by slightly pulling on her hair, Ash feels a tear dribble down her chin then blow away.

"You have to lead us, we wouldn't be a team without you." Sparks reassures.

"Yeah." Blaze agrees as well as Scorch.

"Okay but this time might be different since we have an idea where, everyone will be and what we'll be up against."
Everyone places their yellow roses underneath the tree among the candles. They group hug while Ollie chews on a stick oblivious to what's going on.

Char pulls himself out of some rubble and he looks at his watch, I've got to stop this madness, he slides into a broom closet on the deepest floor. And presses his hand on a hidden scanner. A secret door opens up to reveal something as large as an airplane hangar with stark white walls lined with red I beams.
Char smiles as he sees his life's work the Die Glockenspiel MK.II.
He gets inside and turns on the two dials powered by magnetic quartz Ion drives. "This will never happen again."

He travels back in time two years.