Chapter 23: Invitations

"Sparks, Blaze, Scorch look what I found while walking Soot to her cell."

Pyrah moves the envelope between her fingers to find a wax seal on the back. She slaps it face down on the table in the break room in which everyone was hanging out in.  Sparks picks it up and opens it pulling out a stiff manila colored card , "It says here that it is an invitation to the  prestigious annual S.T.E.P. Inc. ball heled in the order of C.E.O. Garrison Char Burke ." 

Sparks hands the invitation back  Pyrah, "Guys this is our one chance to change everything when everyone is distracted at this ball."

Scorch sits up from laying on the couch and clasps her hands together, "Well when is this ball?"

Pyrah reads further down the invitation, "Tonight at 7:00 p.m." 

Blaze looks at himself, "The we better get ready for the ball, because I'd surely look foreword to dancing with you Scorch."

Pyrah couldn't believe what she just found this was their one ticket to success at freeing the prisoners and taking down the company once and for all. 

Ash walks in looking irritated. 'Hey guys , what's going on?"

Pyrah hands over the invitation so see if the operation could be moved foreword.  

Ash mumbles it out loud as she reads it, "Tonight at 7?"  She looks up, "Guys luck might have us on her good side, but moving our operation up a week is risky. We might compromise everything we have worked for and get ourselves captured. But, if you guys feel like you are ready to take this chance then we need to start preparing now. Sparks, you will need to go to your station and forge our credentials into the company database so we can get in without a problem.  Pyrah, we need you to prep our weapons to make sure that they are ready for battle. Scorch, I need you to come with me to get some formal clothes for everyone. Blaze, look at the plans of the S.T.E.P.  building and find out where everyone will be heled tonight. I am sure they will move them and get Smokey to help you."

Pyrah was getting nervous of the idea of infiltrating a building under corporate espionage. She goes to the barracks to grab everyone's weapons and check them to make sure they are safe.

Sparks was nervous she began hoping she could get into the database easily. She pulls up a chair to the supercomputer which had around six monitors, "hey, do any of you know how to hack into the databse of S.T.E.P.?"

Luckily the other two that joined her kept tabs o the company systems. "Yeah no problem."

The guy begins typing on the computer, "my specialty is hacking."
He cracks his knuckles and brings workig his magic.

Ash and Scorch made sure to get everyone's sizes right, "Okay so do you think we should wear colors according to our powers?" As says picking up a long halter top emerald green dress and drapes it over her  right arm. Scorch shrugs clearly involved in shopping, "then Blaze would wear a yellow suit."

Ash shrugs, "He can wear a black suit, but for us I think it would be grand...Just to draw less attention to us.

Ash picks up a beige beaded strapless floor length dress and drapes it on top of the green one. Scorch picks up a  shimmery midnight blue kneelength dress with longsleves and drapes it on her arms. "Well since we are using a "company card" we can afford a dress for us all but lets keep looking on the clearance racks." Ash states.

Blaze and Smokey look at the plans, Smokey circles all of the exits in red, "okay we can go out of these ways." Smokey implores.
Blaze shakes his head, "they will have those places guarded the most tonight." Blaze circles the basement, "we need to chart a path to these areas."