“I was wondering if you could not say anything about this one in front of Harry?” I ask sweetly.

“Of course,” she nods, “want to pay now then?”

“Yeah, that would be great.”

I pay for the tattoo before resuming my position in the waiting chair, scrolling through my phone to make it look like I had just arrived.

The front door opens with a loud ding and I can’t help the sheepish grin on my face when I see Harry’s figure in the doorway. I habitually get up and wrap my arms around him and luckily he wraps his arms around my neck instead of my waist, which saves me a great deal of pain. The tattoo I just received is right below my small heart, on the side of my lower left rib cage.

“Ready?” He asks.

“More than I’ll ever be,” I wasn’t at all scared to get the next tattoo, but I needed to act like it because it had been awhile since he thinks I’d gotten a tattoo.

“What are you getting anyways?”

“A bible to cover up this one” he motions to the tattoo on his wrist reading, “I can’t change.”

“Why are you covering it?” I ask, I had actually taken a liking to that one in particular.

“Don’t like it anymore.

“Oh. That’s one of my favourites actually.”

“Really?” He asks with a confused look. I simply nod.

“Maybe I’ll hold out on it then.”

“No, Harry, if you don’t like it then-”

“You’re going to look at it just as much as I will, so if it makes you happy, then I’m happy.”

Compromising, putting the other before yourself.

Signs of love.

I just smile at his words, but I can’t help but feel bad for ruining his idea. I rapidly glance around the room taking in the pictures sketched on the walls. A few stand out to me and I think of what their meanings could be. An hourglass, that’s something that’s time related so that couldn’t really express the meaning. A music note, that relates to him, but not exactly what the meaning of the original tattoo had been. And as the last one runs through my head I know it’s the right one.

“What about an anchor?”

“What?” Harry questions looking down at me.

“An anchor to cover up that tattoo. The tattoo says that you can’t change and an anchor is used to stop a ship from shift from drifting away. And for you it would be there to keep you from drifting away from your inner self. With your job a lot of people can get caught up in the fame and lose themselves along the way, but you always stay grounded. You can’t change,” I explain. A large grin is plastered on his face and he quickly leans down to kiss my cheek.

“You’re a genius,” he says simply.

Neither of us say a word while we’re getting tattooed. We were moved into a different room which had two chairs so we could be together and the only sound that filled the room was the buzz of the tattoo gun and the loud thumping of my heart.

I was glad that Harry didn’t ask me what my tattoo was going to be as I wanted to keep it a secret, that is until it was finished.

He’s finished first and he gets up and walks over to the mirror examining his wrist.

“Do you like it?” I question skeptically. He walks back over and plants a kiss on top of my head.

“I love it,” he whispers. I smile feeling satisfied.

“I’m surprised you’re not in extreme pain.” He says laughing.

“It’s not like it’s my first time, you know.” I say. He looks down at my left forearm but I push him away with my free arm. “Hey, no peeking!”

“Fine!” He says and sticks his tongue out at me. “I’m going to go pay for these.”

“I already paid for mine!”

“Emma!”

“What?”

“I wanted to pay.”

“Too bad!”

“You’re so annoying sometimes.”

“Why thank you.”

He exits to pay for his tattoo and the women doing mine soon finishes.

I admire the tattoo, completely content with it.

“Wow, it’s beautiful.” I say to her.

“It’s nothing really.”

“Thank you so much.”

“No problem, make me a promise though?” She question.

What the hell was this about? “Uhh, sure?”

She cracks a smile for the first time since I came in, “Come back when you two get married, and get tattoos for each other.”

“Oh, we only just started dating…” I trail off.

“I know, but I can tell you’ll be together forever. Just the way you two look at each other.” She states, quickly exiting the room.

I kind of secretly hoped that I would be able to fulfill our little promise.

a/n

do u think they'll go back and get tattoos when ttheyre married