Chapter 31: Research Begins

Start from the beginning

"How can I help you, sir?" Y/n asked

"Well, I've had quiet the conversations with your lawyer, Mr. Dewey," Captain Turner said, "But, I want to assure you that I am willing to do anything to help find the root of this corruption, what happened to you earlier was unjust and cruel,"

"Thank you, Captain," Y/n said, "I actually could use some help on that. Do you mind sending me a call log of everyone Finch called when in custody?"

"As long as you keep it under the radar, understand?" Captain Turner replied

"Of course, sir," Y/n nodded, "Can I call you at this number if I need anything else?"

"Yes, that'll work," Captain Turner told, "Just keep in mind I do have a son in high school, so I might not always be available,"

"Mhm," Y/n nodded, "I'll keep it in mind. Oh, can I also get a list of Finch's visitors?"

"Can do," Captain Turner said, "I'll get it to you by tomorrow,"

"Thank you, sir. Good night," Y/n said

"Good night," Captain Turner said as he hung up

"Time to get my answers..." Y/n sighed out loud as they walked into the fry shop

"You heading to bed?" Mr. Fryman asked

"I was actually gonna work on a school project," Y/n told

"When's it due?" Mr. Fryman asked

"Two weeks," Y/n said

"As long as you're not putting it off till the last minute," Mr. Fryman said, "Alright, I'll let you go. I'm gonna lock up,"

"Alright, night," Y/n nodded as they went up their room, "Forgive me, Pearl for I have sinned," Y/n chuckled to themself as they opened up their laptop and began research for their project.

"Y/n! Y/n, are you there?" A familiar shrill voice called from outside

"Hmm?" Y/n got up from the table there laptop was on and opened the window to see Pearl looking up, "Pearl? What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing," Pearl assured, "I was just hoping for a moment of your time,"

"Sure, let me unlock the door," Y/n said as they shut the window and ran downstairs, "So, what'd you want to talk about?" Y/n asked as they opened the door

"Well, I noticed someone had contacted you while you were leaving," Pearl said, "You don't usually get calls that late at night, so I was just wondering who it might have been,"

"Oh, it was the chief of police for the state," Y/n told, "He was calling just to apologize for what happened,"

"Oh, that's all?" Pearl asked as she and Y/n walked upstairs

"He also offered me use of police resources to... correct the situation," Y/n told

"Really?" Pearl asked, a bit anxious, "Did you ask for anything?"

"Just some logs," Y/n said, "I probably won't find anything,"

"I'm sure something will pop up... What were you doing here?" Pearl peered over at the computer, "Y/n, I thought you said you wouldn't study without supervision!"

"It's not studying, it's research for a project," Y/n told

"And you're researching... that man?" Pearl frowned, "He was definitely an interesting man, but for what reason do you need to research him?"

"I'm taking American History, I got assigned to write a report on him," Y/n told, "I gotta give his background, his biggest successes, his biggest scandal, and cause of death,"