Mornings Are The Worst

Start from the beginning

"No Jack, do you honestly think someone like you could have imagined all of this? You have a good imagination but there's no way you could do it, you hate English too much." I laughed at her comment, she was right, I did hate English. "Ok, I promise to tell you all I know about the groups and the other stuff if you promise not to freak out when I tell you."

"I make no promises on the freaking out part, but I can hold it in until you're finished." We laugh both knowing that I was bound to do something that involved my high pitched, high volume and high panicked voice.

"Alright, you better sit down. It might take a while." She motions me to my bed as she sits on my chair. "Well the founder of the school, as far as I know, is an organisation called The Church, I'm pretty sure it's not an actual church though, originally the school was supposed to be a 'safe haven' for Supernatural..."

"Supernatural? That kind of stuff is real?" I squeak.

"I thought you weren't supposed to freak until the end?"

"Sorry." I mumble.

"Ok, so safe haven for the Supernatural children, you know teach them how to blend into society, while still teaching basic stuff so you could get a job and just well, live a life without fear. But somewhere along the line, someone corrupted the system, in other words someone really bad got to the top of the food chain, he decided that humans weren't better than us and he didn't want to change so that he could fit into human society and humans should be the ones to change. So instead of the school being for the Supernatural, he changed it so that it was a school for humans but he experimented on them, trying to turn them into Supernatural. Werewolves and vampires were easy, it was already done but witches, faeries, ghouls and stuff, they aren't transferred through a bite or anything like that so he had to find a way to get humans to change into everything, he was smart enough not to change the entire human population into werewolves and vampires. That's why everyone has a group Jack, it's not a stupid high-school social order, it's your species, that's why no one sits with you Jack, and you're the only human here."

I gulp. "Th-the only human? Wait, wait, woah so what are Alice and Luke and Helena?"

"Alright, I was getting there, Alice is a witch, don't ask me about the procedures, I just know she was human once, she's a natural really, the leader of her coven, however, she may be nice but witches have a tendency to only think of themselves..."

"Is Saman..." I try to ask.

"Stop interrupting, jeez, I'm getting there, Samantha, yes is also a witch, but something's not right about her, she hates everyone to be honest and I definitely wouldn't trust her. Ok, so you also have The Pack, they are the werewolves, you already know Dillon, who is the Alpha, that's like there person in charge, he is really strong, most humans submit to him instantly, but you didn't, that's why Helena, his third in command hates you."

"Had to open your big mouth Jack." I mumble.

"Yes Jack you did, you were just being yourself, there's nothing wrong with that. Anyway, erm, there's also Jake he's the Beta of The Pack, that's like second in command. The Pack should keep their distance from you for now, not quite sure about Helena but if she steps out of line Dillon, being the Alpha has to tell her off. Then there's the Fae, or the Faeries, another group to keep an eye out for, Nicola is the leader of the group at school, she's a real Supernatural, part of the royal bloodline, she was sent here as a punishment for her mother's crimes of rebellion but I think she loves being Queen bee here. The Fae can't lie, which can be helpful in some circumstances, but it doesn't mean they are telling the truth either, Fae are very tricky, they know how to talk to get around the whole lying thing, they always use the truth against you so no matter what never ever trust a thing she says, ok?"

"Ok." I smile. "What about Luke?"

She sighs. "Yes, my brother." She pauses. "Luke is a vampire. He is the leader of his group, although he isn't to be trusted either, he didn't get to choose his species, none of them did." She looks down, sad for a moment, then shakes her head, freeing her mind of the thought. "Anyway, remember the first day you were here? When you stood up to Dillon and made fun of Luke? No one human should be able to do that, you should have submitted to him instantly, only an Alpha of higher status than him, which you are definitely not, could have did what you did and Luke, he was using his influence on you, so when he was saying all that stuff about your blood type, you should have been swooning over him, but you weren't, you were, like immune, do you know what that means? That means both sides are going to want to get their hands on you."

"Both sides?" I ask confused.

"Humans and the Supernatural. Well there are the true believers, they think that turning everyone Supernatural would be a great idea and follow The Church, then there are the people who have no idea this is going on and then there are the people that think playing God is a pretty stupid idea. There are all three on both sides Jack, all sides have spies here and you had your little show down in front of everyone. One thing's for sure, you are very special Jack and this feather, proves it."

I raise my eyebrows in curiosity. "How?"

"Because this is the feather of a Guardian Angel, even better, a Guardian Archangel." She smiles. She seems so happy about this but I flop and fall face down on my bed taking in all the information. I learned about a conflict between humans and the fricken Supernatural and I haven't even had breakfast yet!