Even Bad Boy's Cry

Chapter 7

Jack's POV

I pulled out my earphones and walked foreward, I'm sure I had seen someone.

There.

It was Luke.

He was crying.

Luke's POV

I could hear someone coming, but I didn't care.

It was her birthday today.

She should of been 16.

I killed her.

Now she will never fall in love, get married and have kids, like she always wanted.

And it was all my fault.

"Luke? Is that you?" Well if it wasn't Jack, the new one. Great.

"Just leave me alone." I growled. Dillon would be proud of me, I actually growled.

"Why would I leave someone who is clearly upset on their own? You could be suicidal for all I know."

If only she knew.

I will never die, suicidal or not. I will never cross to the other side to see her again, I will always live with this pain.

Always.

"Thanks for the thought, but I'm not suicidal."

"That's exactly what a suicidal person would say." That's when she sat next to me on the bench I was sat at, I didn't even know she had moved closer to me. "Look, I know we got off to a bad start but I can't leave you in this state, we live in a boarding school, rumours would spread like wildfire."

"Why do you care?"

"Because I hate lies." She stated it proudly and with fact, I was starting to like her.

Jack's POV

"So, what's wrong?" I asked, there is no time like the present.

"Nothing."

"Of course not, you are just crying here all alone for no reason." I sighed sarcastically. "I will keep bugging you until you tell me." He sighed dramatically, like it was so much effort for him to explain it to me.

"It's my sister's birthday."

"Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?" I asked, puzzled.

"She..." He paused, lost in thought. "Died."

"Oh." I was almost in tears myself. "I'm so sorry Luke, how old would she be today?" I asked tentatively.

"Sixteen." He burst in to more tears, I had never seen a bad boy cry, but it crushed me to watch. So I cried with him.

"Just think, she's in a better place, with her ancestors, enjoying life on the other side." Comforting people was a talent of mine, I hated to see people in pain and Luke was no exception.

After what seemed like hours, Luke looked me in the eyes before saying "Thanks Jack, not many people would have sat alone with me like that."

"Why? You got a disease?" I asked, jokingly.

"Something like that." He replied in the same manner, with slight joy in his voice, I knew then I had helped, even just a little.

Luke's POV

She actually made me feel better.

Maybe it was because she didn't know the whole story, she would have ran if she knew. That I killed her, it was all my fault that my parents will never see her again. Her friends will never get to cherish her.

"Hey, stop wondering off." I heard Jack say.

"I didn't go anywhere." I hadn't moved, how could I wonder?

"Not physically silly, you're wondering in your mind, losing track of your thoughts, I can see it."

"Oh. Sorry."

"Oh my gosh, did the guy who told me what my blood type was earlier just apologise to me?" She chuckled. I couldn't help but chuckle as well, she did have a point.

"Yeah, sorry about that too. I got an image to keep you know." I replied jokingly.

"Well, the asshole image works perfectly for you." She giggled.

"Oh, now that was just harsh."

And that was it, we laughed together, just like we had cried, I still can't believe she cried with me but I was grateful for it no matter her motive.

We must of talked about nothing for an hour before she demanded I went to bed, I needed sleep or everyone would know I had been up and then the rumours would start. I was amazed at how she cared about the rumours that could spread about me, she even said she would run some more before going back to the dorms and then I would be rumour free.

So at her request I went to my room to sleep, even though I was a vampire I did actually need sleep. People thought that vampires hunted at night and slept in the day, how wrong they were. The only difference between humans and vampires was that we lived on blood and were very hard to kill.

So at Jack's request, I went to bed.