Strange Person

Your POV:

"What can I get you?" I asked.

"Can I have an iced coffee please?"

"Sure. That it?"

"Yeah."

"3 bucks." I looked over my shoulder. "Iced Coffee!" The customer paid and I gave them their drink. "Thank you have a good day." I smiled.

"And that is our busy morning." My boss laughed. "When do you have class?"

"Uh?" I looked at my phone. "An hour."

"Get out of here, Y/N." He said.

"Ok." I grabbed my stuff from the back and left. "Don't forget I have class at 7 tomorrow." I said walking to the door.

"Tomorrow at 7. Got it!"

I put my headphones on and walked down the street.

Mal's POV:

"Ah shit." I sighed. "Um ok?" I looked at my phone. "This isn't right."

I saw a girl walking towards me.

"Um excuse me?" I tapped her arm. She took her headphones off and looked at me.

"Yeah? Need help?" She smiled.

"How'd you know?"

"You just look lost."

"Hey." I pouted. "This is just my face." She laughed. "But yeah I'm really lost." I showed her my phone.

"You really are." She said. "Well first let me say, welcome to UCLA. And you wanna go that way." She pointed to the right. "Which is the same way I'm going."

"Really?" She nodded. "Can you like. Can we walk together so I won't get lost again?"

"Sure freshman."

"It's Mal."

"I know."

"You know my name?"

"I saw it on the phone, and you're an Olympian. I'm pretty sure more people know your name." She started walking.

"Wait!" I started walking after her. "You walk fast."

"I don't walk fast, you're just slow." She said. "You know for an athlete you are really slow."

"I had practice. I'm sore." I said. "Leave me alone you. I don't even know if you're a freshman or whatever."

She stopped walking and looked at me."I'm a sophomore." She said. "And this is where I drop you off."

I looked at the building. "Thank you." I turned around. She was gone. "Strange person whose name I didn't get." I sighed and walked inside.