Chapter 5

The next morning i woke up the same time as the sun, whenever that was. Early. I felt like id tossed and turned all night but i knew id caught a little sleep at some point. My eyelids felt heavy but i couldn't bring myself to close them, even blinking was tough. I just lay there forever. The only thought in my head was what was on that card. PDAs with two different guys in a week already puts me at the front of the line to be labeled a slut. PDA with my best friend brother means ill be holding auditions for a new life long friend.

Eventually i couldn't handle my mental torture anymore. The window in our room kept getting more and more tempting the longer i lay there. Even when i took a shower the worries wouldn't wash away. I had to get out of that room all together. I couldn't be in the same room as Aria anymore that morning. If i had to lie i wanted to do it as little as possible. 

After my shower i got changed into a pair of denim shorts and a white t-shirt and quietly sneaked out of the room being very careful not to wake up Aria. Valentina hadn't returned last night. To be honest i didn't really give a damn where she was. Her envelope was gone so she had obviously made an appearance and then buggered off. Good bloody riddance while it lasts.The building was almost dead. There was the odd giggle from down the hall and the steady growl of some guys snoring floating around the halls but i seemed to have been the only one who was off my rocker enough to be up and about at this time. I hurried down stairs and out the back door which lead to one of the most beautiful backdrops i had taken the time to look at. I'm not nor ever will i be a country girl but there's something about looking at a lake where the waters so steady you start to wonder if you're hallucinating that there was water at all and not just a mirror echoing the perfect green trees while its accompanied by small birds singing good morning. At least I'm guessing they're small, i don't see many flying about yet. Not even the birds have started moving yet but in a way that was a good thing and i could take sometime to just breathe. In fact being alone might make me feel-

"Terra, Terra Blair." and in that moment, my heart sank. Although it wasn't a voice i was sick of it was far from a voice i wanted to hear. It was his voice. Phoenix knight. If i could have curled up into a ball and rolled away i would have but acting like a circus performing would probably just distance me from my goal of making out with him. The thought sent a shiver down my spine. "Terra?" Then i knew he was directly behind me. Without another thought i did something i didn't see myself doing, I ran. Well, technically i growled and then i ran. Growling was the closest alternative to not screaming until my lungs gave out. My flip flops,however, did not agree remotely with the idea which was obvious by the amount of times i nearly kissed the grass. "Wait, Terra, are you okay?"

"Smashing!" i exclaimed calling back to him. My legs move faster but lets face it, P.E. has never nor will it ever be a class that i do more than the bare minimum which means light jogging and trying not to get knocked unconscious when Kevin throws a dodge ball at me. 

"What are you doing out here?" he asked matching my pace. Looking over at him he didnt look like he found it hard to do. There was one or two beads of sweat on his forehead but im guessing he jogged around the large building after leaving through the front door. He was dressed in basketball short and a sleeveless t-shirt with a pair of worn out trainers on his feet. 

"I could ask you the same question."

"Morning run but judging by how you're dressed its not mutual." I stopped all together. Phoenix took a few more steps before noticing and stopped as well. I didn't have a good answer. I wasn't expecting anyone else. Maybe Phoenix was stressing out about his dare too, not that i could ask him. "That bad, huh?" He laughed. It was far from a laughing matter but i suppose i had to make a good impression some time. Taking's a good place to start.

"Am i that transparent?" i smiled, trying my best not to make it look as forced as it was.

"No," he lightly shook his head. "Its going to be pretty common today. Everyone waking up, they'll all be thinking the same thing we are. 'How the hell do i pull this off'." He looked me dead in the eye. The guy was a mind reader saying the words  that filled my dreams the night before. "Well almost everyone, Ryder's going to have the mother of all hangovers to deal with." He added with a smirk

"He earned it." I muttered. Last night he was drinking like there was no tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if he woke up still half drunk.

"I'm going to finish my run but we should catch up later, Kevin's got his heart set on the water. You should join us." He said. I wasn't planning on having a pool party with the guy but i suppose being seen with him before the big kiss wouldn't be too bad. It might even make me look like less of a slut. "The others will be cool with it, you're friends with Ryder." and there it is. Ryder. The other guy I'm supposed to make out with. That part might make look like a two-faced slut. Perfect, just bloody perfect. "So you're coming?" and before i could even think through what i did i nodded and with a near perfect smile he turned and ran the other way. First he invites me and the next thing i know, boom, Ryder gets dragged into the hell that is my life. The two guys i want to keep worlds apart just have to be best friends and in the exact same place on day one of mission 'try not to look like a slut while you basically be a slut'...

And i think that some how in all of this i got a date. Who with- i don't know... 

Fun, fun, fun! 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry its so short, exams start tomorrow! Wish me luck!