She failed to see beyond the mask and thought this is it. Because every bad thing one day has to disappear to give way to a good one. The rain has to subside to give way to rainbow. She didn't know that if 14 years of suffering is not enough to give way to happiness then whole lifetime will ever be or not.

The masked prince promised to be with her in life and death but snatched her life away and became the reason of her death.

He used to beat her everyday leaving her on the cold floor with a bleeding heart and bruised body. Starving for days.

One day it became impossible for her to bear the pain, that was the day she lost everything. That was the day she escaped the devil but a part of her died that day which can never be revived again.

Previously her dreams were filled with rainbows now all she sees is rain. It is everywhere she is drowning in it. She is loosing hope."

Then deafnening silence was all that was heard.

I looked at her and realized she was fast asleep or passed out which ever it was. She must be tired.

I was left behind with a heavy heart there is so much to take in. Her words are revolving around me.

I always knew that her past was a sore topic for her but she had gone through so much and Agustin has done nothing but added to it.

"He used to beat her everyday leaving her on the cold floor with a bleeding heart and bruised body. Starving for days."

I looked at her face. A small frow present on her forehead. As if even in her sleep she is stressed.

"Previously her dreams were filled with rainbows now all she sees is rain. It is everywhere she is drowning in it. She is loosing hope."

My shirt was drenched in her tears. My resolve grew stronger.

And I knew this is the time to make decision. Few years back I was standing on the same platform when I had to chose between Agustin and Onika. I chose Agustin and he fucked up a big time. He had his chance but he fucked it up.

Today I choose Onika.

I will protect her with everything in me. Agustin doesn't get to hurt her anymore. If that means war then war it is.

I covered her with a blanket, kissed her on the forehead, she visibly relaxed her frown went away. Just with a gentle kiss.

....................

Onika's pov.....

When I woke up in the morning my whole body was aching badly. Everything hurts. I slowly tried to open my eyes and saw Agustin staring at me intensely.

His eyes where calm but there was something about him that scared the hell out of me. His hair was a complete chaos . Knuckles bloodied he had few cuts on his face. He looked like a mess.

My heart beat accelerated. Is he angry because I left his office without his permission?

I immediately got up with a jerk which was a stupid thing to do as whole my world started spinning around me but before I can fall down Agustin engulfed be into a tight hug as if I am the most precious thing to him.