Skinny Love-23

Chapter Twenty Three of Skinny Love
But aren't rules and traditions made to be broken?

"I'm so tired." Elise says with a frown, forcing her eyes to stay open. Zayn laid next to her on the big floatie, enjoying the feeling of her against him. She was warm and soft and he absolutely loved the feeling of her. They had lounged in the pool, that no one in the retirement home ever used, for the entire day.

"Me too." Zayn said simply, a bubbly feeling erupting inside him as a result of Elise's beautiful smile. It was a toothy one, a proud one. Her eyes were wrinkled at the side and she looked so genuinely happy for his progress.

"I'm so happy for you, Zayn." Elise grinned and without thinking, she jumped on him. As a result, the floatie sunk and Elise and Zayn followed. They both surfaced the water shortly for the pool couldn't cover Zayn thus meaning he didn't have to swim.

Elise gently leaned in and pecked Zayn's lips softly.

"I had a feeling you guys would be here." Elise's mom smiled at her daughter and her daughters boyfriend. She absolutely loved Zayn and the influence he had on Elise. She was now happy, which is all a mother could ever ask for.

"Hi mom." Elise said with a sheepish smile on her face. She looked at her hands which were laced with Zayn's under the clean water.

"Harry's father invited us over to dinner tonight."

"Oh.." Elise frowned. She hadn't told her mother what happened.

"You don't have to go, but it's Anne's birthday and it would really mean a lot if you didn't skip tradition."

"Can Zayn Come?"

"Would it make Harry uncomfortable?"

"No, Zayn and Harry are best friends." Elise states.

"Elise we're guests, I don't think we should be inviting people to an annual birthday dinner. And we have to get ready so get going, I promised we'd be there in two hours."

"Okay fine." Elise sighs, getting out of the pool. Zayn immediately wraps a towel around her shoulders, not wanting her to get cold.

"Bye, Z." Elise said with a forced frown. Zayn only smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

"Bye, E."