Chapter Forty-Seven

Start from the beginning

The question made me nervous. If she said, anything other than yes then I'm not sure what I'd do. Right now, I was playing it cool but on the inside, I was quivering. "I love you and I want to make this work. I know it's not that easy. I know I've been sh-tty and I want to apologize. I've asked around and how I acted that night was f-cked up. I was acting like an asshole towards you. You're supposed to be my girlfriend, the love of my life and I treated you like you weren't sh-t. That's not cool."

Andy stopped leaning against her desk and stood up straight. She was actually looking me into my eyes for the first time in a while and I felt as if she was being sincere. "So, I am, really f-cking sorry. I understand what I did wrong and I understand the consequences. I don't want to lose you so I'm going to stop drinking to get drunk. If I do drink, I'm going to have a limit and I'm not going to pass it. I'm not drinking unless I'm around people I know. And whenever they tell me that I need to stop drinking, I'll stop or they can knock me the f-ck out if I don't. The past week, my pride has been crazy. It makes no sense that you had to come here and get me to talk. It's stupid and that's something else I have to work on. I know there's a lot I need to work on, darlin'. But I'm willing to change."

I was about to say something but Andy continued talking. "I know you said no gifts and how you didn't want anything materialistic but yesterday, I bought something. I was working on the courage to push away my pride and go to see you but you came to me first." Andy walked behind her desk and pulled open a drawer. When she pulled out a small box, I tried to keep a neutral facial expression. I hope she wasn't about to ask me anything crazy. It was just a tad bit too early for that. "Hey, loosen up. It's not an engagement ring," she told me with a chuckle. I let out a relived sigh before laughing. "Our engagement will be way more extravagant, I promise."

"Just don't do it in front of a lot of people because I'll decline." Andy playfully rolled her eyes before walking in front of me with the box. She popped it open and I saw a pair of sparkling platinum necklaces. One had a pendant with the letter 'A' in cursive, while the other had a 'D.' I bit my lip as I tried to hide my smile but I ended up grinning from ear to ear.

"You're so f-cking cheesy," I told her as I pushed her shoulder playfully.

Andy took out the necklace that had my initial on it and shamelessly put it on as she handed me the box. I was laughing at how cheesy yet cute the whole thing was. I never had anyone actually give me something with their name or initial on it. Once Andy got hers on and she noticed that I was just laughing and looking down at the box, she took it from me. "Turn around, silly girl. Let me put it on you." I tried my best to stop laughing and turned around so Andy could put the necklace on me. Once she got it on, she kissed the nape of my neck softly. "Now everybody will know we're together."

"'A' could just stand for that I like ass." Andy ended up snickering and I laughed as well. "'D' could mean that you like d-ck." This time Andy didn't laugh, but I did. I turned to face her and her pouting lips. I placed my hands on her shoulders and gave her a smile. "Seriously, thank you. The necklace is really cute and I'm proud to wear it. Your pledge to stop getting drunk sounds promising too."

"Leo was right. You're looking like a snack," Andy told me as she looked at me up and down. I rolled my eyes at her as I giggled. Did she even hear anything that came from my mouth? Her hands met my bare back and she rubbed it soothingly. "I don't really get long sleeve crop tops. Like are you hot or cold? Or is it just for the style?" I was laughing at her dumb question but I think she was being serious. "F-ck it. I want to take you out tonight. To dinner and then we can have each other for dessert."

I pushed her shoulders and stepped back from her. "We just got back on good terms and your nasty ass is already horny," I said through laughter. "But I kind of promised I would go out clubbing with the girls tonight. You're more than welcome to come though, baby. It'll be fun."