eight

008 | ❝Aren't you enjoying this James?

008 | ❝Aren't you enjoying this James?❞

🎈🎈🎈

         James Potter and his best friends Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin had been close since their first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The four boys had learned their best friend Remus Lupin was a werewolf and though the boy believed that once they had found out they would stop being his friends they had stuck by. Now James, Peter, and Sirius planned on becoming Animagus so that they could accompany their best friend out on nights of the full moon so that he would not be alone.

The three boys felt they were closer than ever to becoming Animagus, with the help of Remus who paid more attention during class than the other boys they were sure they'd be able to accompany their friend for the next full moon. Peter, Sirius, and Remus had gone off ahead of James who had claimed he had to look for something really quick. The boys had offered to stay behind and help him look for whatever it was he had lost but James shook his head claiming he would be right behind them. James didn't know why but he had a really strong feeling that he had lost... something!

Letting out a groan he lifted his mattress up, part of his duvet falling off, but he didn't mind as he let the mattress fall after he found nothing. Standing up and pushing his glasses up his nose he looked around the bedroom that he shared with his friends—the place was clean for the most part thanks to the house-elves just clothes littered here and there. Walking over to his trunk James lifted the top and began to sift through it.

James found clothes he hadn't worn yet, socks, candy wrappers and boxes, sweets that still hadn't been eating but still he felt he was missing something.

James let the lid of his trunk fall with a thud his hands running down his jeans as he begins to pick up clothes that the boys had left on the ground throwing it into the hampers of who it belonged to. When he found nothing, James shook his head reached for his wand that he had left on his bedside table. As he reached for it he felt the flat tabletop and realized he was missing his wand.

The boy went into panic mode, "No, no, no..." James whispered to himself running his hand through his black hair. "Where is it?" He asked himself as he got down on his knees to see if it had rolled off to the floor. He checked under the bed, under the table, under his pillow but had no luck. James was beginning to get frustrated to the point where he was pulling at his hair, he needed his want—he could have sworn he put it on the table beside his bed. James let out a breath of air trying to calm himself down, "Don't freak out." he said to himself. "Maybe you accidentally left it in the common room."

James nodded quickly slipping on his shoes and ran downstairs to look for his wand. James looked around everywhere he could think of, under tables and chairs. After he didn't find it anywhere he went back to his room to grab a sweater ready to ask his friends if they had taken his wand a prank but as he slipped the sweater over his head he found his wand sitting on the bedside table. James grew confused as he reached forward taking the soft wooden wand in his hand wondering why he hadn't seen it there before.

Not thinking about it for much longer James shook his head and stuffed his wand into the pocket of his sweater reaching for his cloak of invisibility only to remember he had given it to his friends to go ahead of him. James cursed himself for having wanted to take a quick nap before meeting up with the boys.

James slowly walked out of the Gryffindor common room, his head poking out first to make sure the no one was around and that the painting of the Fat Lady was asleep. When he realized that they were he slowly began making his way towards the front of the castle tiptoeing and sneaking around as best as he could without his cloak of invisibility. "James" a soft feminine voice called out and the boy turned to see who had called him out.

"James, where are you going?" The voice called out again a little clearer this time. James turned to see none other than Lily standing there with a smile in the middle of the hallway looking at him. Something seemed off with her eyes though.

"Lily?" James said making his way towards the girl. "What are you doing out of the commons at this time?"

"I've been looking for you," Lily said the smile on her face growing as James walked closer to her. "I have to tell you something."

"Yes?" James asked a smile growing on his face as Lily took his hand, strangely she had a strong grip on it that made it feel as though she was breaking his fingers and he let out a groan. "Lily, not so hard."

"You think it's funny to bully Severus all the time don't you," Lily said, her voice full of anger. "Let's see how you like it." Lily brought out her and pointing it at the boy she whispered something James could not hear as he saw a rope appear and begin to wrap around his neck.

"Lily!" James screamed out afraid, "What are you doing?"

"Aren't you enjoying this James? Isn't this funny?" Lily cried out a maniacal laugh falling from her lips. James struggled for air, his eyesight going blurry and Lily's laugh filling his ears in the worst way he had never thought would be possible from her.

"Lily please." He struggled to say coughing out his hands trying to pull the rope away from his neck but it seemed to get tighter the more he tried. "Lily" James cried out, "Stop it." He was feeling faint when the image of a strange clown filled his vision in the place of Lily, jumping around in joy, his hands clapping together as he laughed at the sight of James.

"What are you doing out of your commons at this hour young man?" James took in a deep breath and turned to look at the professor who was staring at him as he slowly got up from the ground.

"The-the." James struggled for air and the words. "Didn't you see the clown?" He asked and the professor scoffed.

"The only clown I see, is you Mr. Potter. Now back to your room and I'll see you in the morning for your punishment."