three

003 | ❝your dad is that Auror right?

003 | ❝your dad is that Auror right?❞

🎈🎈🎈

"It's only the first day of classes and somebody's already missing." Carter whispered in thought as he looked around to make sure nobody was listening. So far nobody knew for sure what had happened to the Hufflepuff girl, everybody was coming up with their own theory's, rumors going from person to person the story changing each time. The only people who truly knew anything were the teachers, Jessica's dad, Jessica, and her friends.

"I don't understand." Clarissa whispered leaning into the table, "If the girl was in the bathroom how did she disappear?" she asked opening her chocolate frog box and scoffing, "I got Dumbledore again." she added taking a bite of the frog as she handed the card to Carter.

"My dad didn't tell me much." Jessica answered with a sigh. "He just told me that the girl was missing I'm assuming the bathroom is locked down while they look for any clues."

"Maybe we should take a peak?" Carter asked smirking at the two girls as he handed them each a handful of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. "We can then figure out what happened to the girl and tell your dad."

Jessica shook her head, her dad had made it pretty clear to Jessica that he didn't want her involved. If her dad found out that she was looking for the Hufflepuff girl he would link it to Sammy, and maybe yes- the reason for which Jessica was so curious was because of her sister but she knew her parents did not agree with her. They were so set on believing that Sammy was dead and that they would never find her but Jessica didn't think the same as them. "If my dad finds out that I have been snooping around his business then he'll drag me back home by the ear."

"He wouldn't do that if he never found out." Clarissa said but once again Jessica shook her head this time standing up from the window seat.

"Clarissa, you've always been a curious person, and Carter you're just plain nosy." Jessica said closing her potions textbook shut and placing it in her book bag. "We're not going to that bathroom. I'll see you guys later."

Carter and Clarissa gave each other amused looks as they watched Jessica walk away. Jessica made her way towards the library, everybody was already given a lot of homework for the first day and Jessica wanted to get it all out of the way before the next day. Walking into the library she put all her things down on a table and made her way towards a row of books.

"Hey," Jessica turned her head to see a Gryffindor boy walking towards her. His brown hair was messy, sticking out in different direction. Rectangle glasses framed his brown eyes and a boy with black short hair followed after him, both boys wearing big smiles on their faces. "your dad is that Auror right? Bill Denbrough."

Jessica licked her top lip and reached for a random book on a top shelf while she nodded her head. "Why?" Jessica asked raising an eyebrow as she turned to look at the two boys. She already knew that they probably believed she knew what happened to the Hufflepuff girl but there was no way she would be telling them. She told her dad she wouldn't tell anyone outside of Clarissa and Carter and she was going to keep her word.

"Did he tell you what happened?" The black haired boy asked crossing his arms and leaning against the book shelves.

"Why would he?"

The brown haired boy shrugged his shoulders, "Somebody said they were passing by the bathroom when they saw your dad hold up a shoe that was covered in blood." he said.

"Yeah, they said the bathroom was covered in blood." The black haired boy added making Jessica roll her eyes. The things some people came up with, she was sure if the bathroom was covered in blood her dad would have been more worried than he appeared.

Shutting her book Jessica turned to walk away but stopped with a huff as she turned to look at the two boys. "Do you think this is a laughing matter? An eleven year old girl is missing and you want to know if the bathroom was covered in blood." Jessica scoffed before turning around and walking away from the two boys who turned to look at each other.

Jessica could heard them whisper something to each other but she didn't care to understand what it had been. Instead she made her way towards another shelf of books and grabbed as many that she believed she would need. Maybe her tone was a bit rude with the boys, and maybe they weren't trying to be insensitive- they could have just been curious but after what had happened to Sammy, Jessica was sensitive to these kinds of topics.

🎈🎈🎈

The days had passed by and everybody had stopped talking about the poor Hufflepuff girl. It was as if she was entirely forgotten which made Jessica angry. Jessica knew the Hufflepuff girl wasn't Sammy but the fact the girl had gone missing reminded her of her sister. For an entire month everybody had searched for the girl only to come up short, everybody in the end believing that Sammy was dead and that she would never be found.

Jessica was angry because the poor girl was forgotten just like Sammy was forgotten. Of course, Jessica would never be able to forget her little sister but she did try to put her out of her mind. It was hard when there were so many things around that reminded Jessica of her younger sister. There was always the fact that Sammy wanted to be in Gryffindor because she wanted to be just like their dad.

The packages of sweets Carter's mum would send him every other week filled with candies that Jessica would always see Sammy buy on her little trips to Honeydukes. Carter had asked him mum to stop sending the boxes considering he was old enough to go to Hogsmeade and buy his own candy but even after sending the letter he would rip open the end sweets and grab the flavored beans first. Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans were her absolute favorite, from the delicious tasting ones to the disgusting tasting ones, something Jessica's mum never understood.

Carter had even stopped bugging Jessica about going to the bathroom to see what they could find. Some time after the incident the bathroom had been reopened to the girls meaning there was nothing to go after anymore. Anybody who went into the bathroom would find nothing pertaining to the young Hufflepuff girl. None of the teachers had made a mention to talk about what had happened, they acted as if it was all nothing saying the Auror's had a handle on it but Jessic wasn't sure if she would believe it.

Auror's had, had a handle on finding her sister but they hadn't. Her father was one of the Auror's and he too had given up on finding his daughter, just like she believed he had given up on finding the Hufflepuff girl. From what Jessica knew, nothing like this had ever happened before and it was certainty peaking her curiosity.