seven

007 | ❝ I don't think I can go to sleep.

🎈🎈🎈

🎈🎈🎈

            Jessica and Clarissa were worried about Carter, it was unlike him to be this quiet. He looked terrible, as if he hadn't slept, his skin was pale and the plate of food in front of him was untouched. "Carter." Clarissa said looking at the boy, but he paid her no attention, it was as if he hadn't heard her talk. "Carter." Clarissa said once more this time placing her hand on the boys' shoulder causing him to jump in his spot, his head moving around as he checked his surroundings. "Are you okay?"

Carter didn't want to tell his friends what had happened to him the day before, he wasn't even sure if it had really happened or if it was all just a terrible nightmare. If he told them, he was sure they would just play it off as that, the thing was- Carter wasn't even sure if he did sleep. It had all felt so real and Carter was beginning to question if he was sane. "I just didn't sleep very well last night." Carter finally said looking down at his plate of food, he hated lying to his friends but who knew maybe he wasn't lying.

"Why don't you go back to your room, get some sleep." Jessica said spreading strawberry jam onto a piece of toast. "We'll send somebody to get you later if you don't wake up before dinner."

Carter found himself shaking his head as he looked up to see his friend stuff the piece of toast into her mouth. Licking his lips Carter rubbed the back of his hands into his eyes and let out a yawn. "I had a nightmare, I don't think I can go to sleep." Carter finally confessed, still he wasn't going to tell them anything about the terrible dream he had.

"Why don't you ask Madam Pomfrey for a sleeping drought?" Clarissa asked leaning forward. "That ought to help you sleep peacefully for a few hours." Clarissa quickly stood up, she was already able to tell that Carter would be declining her suggestion, she was very worried about her boyfriend. Clarissa had never really seen Carter like this before, so afraid it was strange.

"I said I didn't want to go, Clarissa." Carter said placing himself firmly onto his seat so that his girlfriend would not be able to pull him off. "I'll sleep tonight."

"Carter, don't be stubborn, you don't look fine, you need rest." Clarissa said turning to her friend in hopes of getting some help to convince Carter to go see Madam Pomfrey.

Jessica nodded her head in agreement with Clarissa, "Carter if you don't go see Madam Pomfrey we'll drag you there ourselves and make sure she shoves the sleeping drought into your mouth whether you want it or not." Jessica added standing up beside her friend. Carter looked before the two girls watching as they got their bags slinging them over their shoulders ready to leave. With a sigh Carter stood up and nodded his head, they were right. The sleeping drought would help him sleep without a problem and if he needed more tonight he could always go back to Madam Pomfrey to ask for more.

"A couple hours of sleep and you'll be feeling much better." Clarissa said placing a kiss on Carter's cheek before taking his hand to lead him out of the Great Hall with Jessica following behind. "Do you want to tell us about this bad dream you had?" Carter looked over at Clarissa then at Jessica, feeling nervous once more as he remembered everything he quickly shook his head. Carter just wanted to forget everything that he had seen. "That's okay." Clarissa said turning to look at Jessica with a worried expression.

Once the two girls had gotten Carter to the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey had reassured the girls and Carter himself that he would a have a good sleep, no need to worry about nightmares. Class was almost due to start so Jessica and Clarissa watched as Madam Pomfrey handed Carter a potion, in one go he drank it and laid down in the bed. "You should get to class girls." Madam Pomfrey said taking the glass from the little table beside the bed. "The potion works fast, look poor things already asleep."

"Thank you Madam Pomfrey." Clarissa said giving the woman a smile before she and Jessica began making their way out of the hospital wing.

...

After classes let out Jessica went straight to the library, if her parents weren't going to tell her anything about the missing children cases then she was going to do her own research. It just didn't make sense to Jessica that these children were going missing around the same time, was that something that could really happen? Jessica didn't know but maybe if she found similar cases she could find out what happened to her sister and those other people that went missing.

The library wasn't filled with students, only a couple of older students who were getting their early start on studying for the O.W.L.s and other younger ones who were working on their homework. Setting her book bag down at one of the tables Jessica made her way towards the rows of books, her fingers running along the spines of each book as she looked through the titles. Jessica didn't know exactly what she was looking for, so she pulled out history books on Hogwarts and Hogsmeade hoping she could find some clues as to where to look next.

Plucking book after book Jessica kept looking until she couldn't carry anymore books before taking them back to her table. Taking the first book from the stack Jessica opened it up skimming through the table of contents to see if any chapter would give her a clue as to where to start. The first book was a history of Hogwarts in the beginning, the four founders-Salazar Slytherin, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Godric Gryffindor. The four founders which had built the castle in Scotland, hidden from the muggles. Jessica's eyes skimmed through the table of contents ignoring the chapters about the founders but did want to know more about the place the Hogwarts castle was built upon.

The further Jessica read the more she realized there was nothing strange about the place in which Hogwarts was built, letting out a frustrated groan- which was then shushed by Madam Pince. Pushing aside any book that had to do with Hogwarts history Jessica pulled forward the books on Hogsmeade history. If she learned more about the place in which she lived maybe she could learn more about what could have happened to her sister.

Looking through Hogsmeade history, Jessica had finally found something. No, not just something-she had found many things that would help her in search for her sister.