zero

000 | ❝Don't forget your boat.

🎈🎈🎈

🎈🎈🎈

Jessica and Sammy Denbrough were home alone in a little house based in Hogsmeade, their parents were off working. Bill Denbrough was a well known Auror usually working day and night, while Marcy Denbrough was a healer usually coming home before it was time for dinner. Jessica was a good helper when it came to working about the house while her parents were at work. Since she couldn't use magic outside of school she would make herself and her her sister breakfast the muggle way or the two girls would go down to the Three broomsticks. After eating breakfast Jessica would let her little sister Sammy play around the house, usually the young girl would imagine herself being a dragon handler, while Jessica did her chores around the house. She would clean almost all day and the start dinner so that it would be ready by the time her mother returned home from work.

The day Sammy Denbrough went missing was a day like any other, only outside was pouring keeping the young Denbrough sister inside all day. "Please Jessie! Please!" Sammy pleaded holding on to her sister arm while Jessica tried to finish washing the dishes left from the morning. "Can I please go outside and play in the rain?"

Jessica let out a huff and looked outside, it was pouring- as the muggles said cats and dogs- and she still wasn't done cleaning so that she could go outside and watch her sister while she played. "I don't know Sammy..." Jessica said her voice trailing off as she wiped her hands dry on a towel.

"Please Jessie! I promise I wont go too far." Sammy pleaded once more her eyes going wide and her hands pressing together in a pleading manner.

Jessica gave her little sister a smile then let out a huff and nodded her head. "Fine, but don't stay out to late if you get sick mum will kill me." Jessica said grabbing her sisters hand to lead her towards her bedroom. "You need to dress warmly, what do you want to do in the rain anyway?"

While Jessica looked through Sammy's wardrobe, Sammy was looking through her stack of letters. Sammy had been conversing with their cousin from America who always sent her little gifts, they were the same age and the best of friends. "I want to sail this paper boat Nancy sent me."

"Why don't you just do it in the bath?" Jessica asked turning around with a yellow raincoat in hand along with black rain boots. Jessica's eyes landed on the paper boat in her sisters hands, it was enchanted taking the form of a real boat with little passengers. It was like the origami Carter, one of Jessica's best friends, loved doing.

Sammy placed the paper boat on her bed the captain of the boat taking out his telescope to look out before him. "I'll have more room outside." Sammy said walking over to her sister to put the raincoat and boots on. "I'll just do it to Honeydukes and back."

"If I get done early I'll go out with you, don't stray too far." Jessica said handing her sister the paper boat and kissing her forehead. The two girls walked up to the door and Jessica watched as Sammy placed the boat down in the water. Soon she was running after it making Jessica laugh and shake her head as she walked back into the house to finish her chores.

🎈🎈🎈

The boat was going full speed as the current of the water pushed it away, Sammy was having a heard time keeping up and she could see the little paper passengers cheering with the speed. Sammy ran as fast as she could, her boots splashing against the water. The rain was blurring her sight but she kept her eyes solely on the paper boat before her.

Finally the boat had slowed down as it came near Honeydukes, Sammy picking up speed tried to catch the boat before it fell into the sewer but it was too late. "No!" She cried out dropping herself on to the ground. She crawled to the sewer and brought her face near the open space. It was too dark, Sammy looked around hoping to find a witch or wizard who was willing to help her but there was nobody outside. All the adults and children were inside, dry and warm without a thought of playing in the rain.

Letting out a sigh Sammy turned back to the sewer only to let out a gasp and jump back when she caught sight of a clown. It was dark in the sewer so she couldn't exactly see him but his face was painted white, red streaks coming down from the top of his eyes down until in connected to his red painted lips, his nose was painted to match his lips. He had big front teeth and bright blue eyes, "Hello!" he said in a happy tone.

Sammy was never really a fan of clowns but something about this one intrigued her, "Hi." she said looking around to see if anybody else was outside. Nobody was. "What are you doing down there?"

"I've been stuck down here for a very long time..." The clown said his voice trailing off with a sigh. "We're all stuck down here, it was a storm like this one that blew us away."

"Blew who away?" Sammy asked.

"Why, the whole circus of course!" The clown said his smile growing bigger. "Would you like to come down and see? We've got all kinds of shows, and snacks like sugar quill lollipops, pepper imps, chocolate cauldrons..."

"I don't know." Sammy said unsure, her head turning in different directions to see if she would see anybody she recognized maybe her sister had finished cleaning and would be arriving soon. "My parents and sister say that I'm not allowed to talk to strangers, or take things from them."

"Well, in that case, I'm Pennywise." The clown said with a laugh, he then brought out the little enchanted boat that belonged to Sammy. "This is you right? SS. Sammy, see we're not strangers anymore so you can come down and we can eat snacks and you can watch the show. What's your favorite snack?"

"I like Bartie Bott's Every Flavor Beans!" Sammy said happily thinking back to the time she had gotten Jessica to eat a stinky sock one. "Do you have those?"

"Well, of course we do!" Pennywise said happily and loudly, Sammy jump in place some water splashing off her raincoat onto her face. "Why don't you come down here and we'll eat some while I show you my act, I'm a dancing clown you see."

Sammy smacked her lips together moving away from the sewer to look around, "I don't know, my sister will want me home soon. I actually think I should be going." Sammy said standing up. She wiped the dirt from her hands onto her wet jeans and looked back at the clown. "Bye." She said turning to walk away.

"Bye, I guess." Pennywise said sadly before letting out a gasp that caused Sammy to quickly turn. "Don't forget your boat."

Sammy had an unsure feeling seeping in the pit of her stomach and she kept looking around wondering if her sister was getting worried about her. Sammy licked her lips and slowly walked back towards the sewer looking at the clown that gave her a big smile. "Go on now, take it." Pennywise said holding the small enchanted boat out for her. Something in the way the clown was talking now made Sammy feel more uneasy.

Still, she slowly reached for the boat and before she had anytime to react, Pennywise opened his mouth wide taking Sammy's arm in his mouth. Sammy let out a scream as she felt her arm be ripped off by the clowns mouth. "Jessie! Jessie help!" Sammy screamed out trying to get away from the clown but it was to late and nobody was around to help her. Nobody was around to see what the clown had done to the eight year old witch.

Author's Note

Here you guys go! I hope you like the chapter I tried to make it as similar as I could to the beginning of the It movie but idk. Let me know what you guys think! I've never written a horror story before but I do love scary movies so hopefully I will be able to pull it off. I got the idea for writing It in the marauder's era while watching the new It movie and I got so many ideas so hopefully I'll be able to use all the ideas I got.