Lights out, Shane(21)

COURTNEY'S P.O.V
"Why?" A familiar but ghostly voice called out to me.
"What do you mean? Who are you?" I replied. The shadow emerged from the darkness and tears burned my eyes as their features became visible. "Adore?" I said as I ran over to her and swung my arms out to hug her. I was stopped by her dainty hand forcefully pushing me away. I stepped back and stared at the unreadable expression on her face. "Adore? What's going on?" I questioned her. Her face stated solid as she spoke.
"Why?" She said quietly.
"Why what? Why do you keep saying that?" I said, getting frustrated.
"Why did you do this?" She said, taking a step closer to me.
"Do what Adore?" I said bluntly.
"Why did you leave me? Alone in the woods? You left me alone to die Courtney! Do you know what it's like? To die? It's horrible! You can feel each individual body part fail- stop working. You slowly stop existing. I died alone Courtney, just because you wanted to save yourself!" I took a step back in shock. Her facial expression had changed and her eyes were glossy with tears.
"I-I'm sorry Adore. You- you told me to leave, you told me to find Willam. I-"
"Cut it out Courtney. Stop all this bullshit. You left me alone so you could find Willam and live a happy life without me. I wouldn't be surprised if you were the one who killed me to be honest, you back stabbing bitch." Tears fell onto my lips as I looked down at her back to see the same multiple stab wounds as I did when me and Willam found her in the forest. "Everything that happened was your fault Courtney. Everything."
"Adore what do you mean? I didn't do anything!" I turned away and felt a soft hand on my shoulder. Adore continued to speak while I looked away, her hand still placed delicately on my shoulder.
"You were the only one who was determined to stay who didn't get caught Shane. Think about it. Did you get the story right? Or were you the killer you killed?" Before I could turn my back, I heard a click and felt a cold, metal object  on the back of my head.
"Lights out, Shane."

~~~~~~~

I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE AND THAT ITS SO SHORT I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER!!! If you want a full reason why I've been away for so long, check out chapter 12 of 'I'm a pretty mess' my other fanfic but it's basically just school and concerts (I SAW ADORE MOTHERFUCKING DELANO (and I can confirm she is very much alive and has not been stabbed to death)SO THAT WAS AMAZING) but I'm back now officially so yay woo party popper. Also did you spot the pun in this chapter?? Comment it if you see it 😂 I've missed you guys, LOVE YOUUUUU 💖💖