Chapter 26 - Master Sachiko

Start from the beginning

"What was that for?" Alex stood in shock.

"It was getting in the way." I turned to Aria. "Go ahead."

Five minutes later almost everyone was inside, even Bruce. Only Alex and I left.

"Why are you doing this for me? It's not that important," he mumbled, "It's just a simple twine bracelet."

I reached out to grab the vine and stopped midway. I turned to look at him. "It's your twine bracelet. It's a family heirloom so it is important. And if it's important to you, it's important to us, because your our friend."

"But your risking your lives for this. I don't want you getting hurt," he said.

"Risking our lives for others is kinda what we were made to do. So don't sweat it. We are going to get your twine bracelet back and we're going to go home safe and sound," I consoled his worries with what was hopefully a confident stare.

He returned it with a half-hearted smile.

"Umm guys! This is cute and all but the faster we find the heirloom, the faster we can leave and be back before Rana finds out," Lanny called from above.

Once we were all inside we took in our surroundings. We were in a long hallway with many doors leading to other rooms, right by the stairs.

"Alright, to cover as much ground as possible, we need to split up. What are the teams?" I asked.

"Well there is this floor, the floor above it and then the first floor and the dungeons down stairs. So we should spilt up into three teams and each take a floor," Marigold replied.

"I'll take the third floor," Blaze said, more serious now.

"Noelle and I will go with her," Vane said right after.

"Alex, Jenna and I will take this floor," I decided.

"Then I guess Lanny, Marigold and I will take the first floor and the dungeons," Aria said.

"Why do we get the dungeons," Marigold whined, but no one payed attention.

"Hey what about me!?" Bruce complained.

"Sounds like a plan and if you get caught and need help.....holler really really loud. Let's go!" Blaze left with her group, signaling everyone else to spilt up.

The result was Bruce being left behind to his own devices.

"Guys!?" Bruce called out in despair. But everyone was already gone.

~

"Alright, here's the plan. Jenna will start at the other end of the hall while Alex and I start at this end. Go through every room until we find it," I commanded.

"Yes master," Jenna replied, floating away.

Alex reached for the first door knob to reveal a bathroom. "My guess is that he wouldn't hide it in a place where people often go. A bathroom is too open to the public," Alex said.

"I suppose. It makes sense after all," I replied, opening the door to what appeared to be a janitors closet. "But then where's a place that only Jin would go?" I shut the door again.