Chapter 16 - Confetti Demon

No Class Today - During The Dance - Saturday - No Curfew

May 24

Noelle's POV

Marigold's sudden outburst caused a panic, as we realized that Avon had not been there for the entire time. Stressed out and tired from dancing, we frantically searched for Marigold's brother.

He wasn't at the dance, nor was he anywhere in the main school.

"Maybe he went back to the dorm?" Marigold suggested hopefully, "I know he doesn't like crowded situations very much."

"Maybe..." Rana nodded, "Let's go check."

We made our way back to the dorm, to find it completely and eerily silent. Elisia and Lucas were asleep in their respective rooms, but Avon was nowhere to be found.

We were about to leave, losing hope, when we noticed something...

...a note, hanging from the wall near the entrance.

Rana picked it up, and started reading. It was no more than a few seconds, when even her holographic face went pale.

Dearest Diviners,
You will be pleased to hear that your hydromancer, Avon, has been specially chosen to be our first...visitor. We have cookies and milk for him to snack on, and a comfortable chair to sit on. He's not ever going to want to leave.

And trust me, he won't be leaving.

Rana blinked. Everyone kind of started whispering to each other, and Marigold...she started bawling.

"NO!! WHY?! AVON HAS ALWAYS PROTECTED ME, AND YET I COULDN'T KEEP HIM SAFE FOR A SINGLE NIGHT?!?!" She yelled, tears going everywhere, "I SWEAR I AM GOING TO FIND THE JERKFACE THAT DID THIS AND I'M GOING TO WHOOP THEIR ASS!!!"

(Okay, Marigold called the 'jerkface', something much worse, but we're keeping this pg)

"Calm down, Marigold. I understand you're upset, but screaming won't do anything but scare the rest of the school." Rana tried to calm down the screaming girl, and sighed, "We need to find Avon, as quickly as possible, but we also need to go see if the demon that attacked Lucas and Elisia is still by the hill. So, I'm going to have...Aria, Blaze, Noelle, Sachiko, and.....Bruce; you'll go to the hill and search for the demon. Lanny, Zephira, Marigold, Jasper and Vane, go try to find Avon. I'm going to the spirit realm to update the other past-generation Diviners of what's happening, and then see if we can find anything there."

"O-okay...if you think that we can do this ourselves...we'll try..." Sachiko said.

"You two." Rana turned to Blaze and Bruce, "You better cooperate together, because if I hear that you were misbehaving, you'll be in a lot of detention, and a possible expulsion. This is a serious matter, do you understand?"

At this point, Rana was so furious, she had even Blaze looking a little scared, "Y-yes ma'am..."

"Good. Now get to work everyone. I'll be back soon."

-----Twenty Minutes Later-----
Blaze's POV

Not allowed to beat Bruce up. Rana, you jerk! How am I supposed to have fun now?