Conversing

"So, what's your name?"

Zelda was the one initiating a conversation between them, and despite already having known Link's name she didn't want to make it seem like she knew it at all. So she was going for the "name grabbing", a perfect start for a conversation.

"Link." Link nodded as he introduced himself and Zelda swore there was a slight smile on his face but she couldn't be so sure. She hadn't seen him smile yet. She wanted to make him smile at least once that day because they would have to part for good after this and it would make her day to know she made his day better, at least for a little.

"Well, Link, my name is Zelda. Has anyone ever told you that your name is the same as the Hero from centuries ago?" Zelda knew it was such a big question in such little time, but ever since hearing that his name was Link she couldn't wait to ask him at least once.

"Um...I'm aware...b-" Link was going to say more but Zelda grinned widely and had a bounce to her step as she moved in front of him and started to walk backwards so she could face him, her arms excitedly behind her back as she started to ramble on.

"So you're aware? Did you know there were many incarnations of the Hero? He was once the Hero of Time, the Hero of Twilight, The Hero of Skies and Legend, etcetera! And it's apparent the most recent and last Hero was the Hero of the Wild, also known as Hero of Hyrule, for he saved all of Hyrule. It was rumoured he was the princess's appointed knight and had died trying to protect her from these machines called Guardians!" Zelda was really grinning at that point, not able to stop herself for she was finally in her zone, ranting on about what she knew about back then because it really piqued her interest.

Link wasn't sure what to say, not knowing if he should call Zelda bubbly, nerdy, geeky, annoying, chatty, ordare he even say iteven cute with how much she was interested in the old age wars and tales. He'd never really met anyone who had been so interested into the tales from back then about their land of Hyrule. To him, she was rather interesting despite having known her for less than twenty minutes. Sure, he'd known and knew many people in his life who were different in their own sense, but so far this Zelda girl was giving him weird vibes. Even more, after a heartbreak like that, he never expected anyone to come up to him like that. That was why he mentally prepared himself before he even confessed to Mipha.

He shook his head and smiled as he focused his attention back on Zelda, hearing what she had to say.

"-and he did all these things and quests to try and regain his memories!" Zelda's smile did not die down even one bit during her ramble.

Zelda's eyes brightened a little as she saw a smile on Link's face, though she was not sure what to make of it. She didn't dwell on it, thinking he was probably thinking of someone else, likely interested, or getting annoyed by her continuous talking.

She laughed nervously and brought a hand up to scratch her cheek as she kept walking in front of him and facing him, completely forgetting she was walking backwards and not aware what was behind her. "I'm sorry. Heh...I may get a little carried away without knowing it. I deeply apologize if it may come out as irritating. I do it quite often, but I can't really stop myself unless you tell me straight to my face to shut up."

Link just stared at Zelda, a slight tilt upwards to his lips. He shook his head and finally spoke up. "It's alright, really."

Zelda jumped in her step and smiled so wide Link thought she would hurt her cheeks, wondering if she was usually this smiley.

He then saw that there was a pole coming up behind her so he quickly grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her around, pulling her slightly to the side.