Trouble

With a gasp of breath, Zelda awoke with the feeling of solid warmth on her back. It enveloped her whole body as she raised her head from the arm that cushioned her head. She looked around the room, wondering where she was until she became fully aware she was inside the tree she was in recently.

Zelda tried to sit up but she felt a solid object holding her down, and once she looked down she noticed it was an arm—Link's arm. She blushed red and laid back down, scared she'd wake him. Her eyes were wide as she realized the arm that cushioned her was, indeed, Link's upper arm.

The events of the day before were flooding through her mind, all leading to the moment before the two had fallen asleep.

Eventually, her mind moved over to her dream from the short nap she took.

It was her, the Princess, and Link—the Hero, not the Link she knew at that moment. It was weird to her, especially because they were all the Hero from ages long past, and she was slightly awed by how real it had seemed. Even though it was the many generations of the Hero, the one she remembered the most was the Hero of Skies and the Resurrected Hero—first and last, she supposed, was why they were the most memorable.

She knew of the writings about the land in the sky, but she was vaguely aware of everything in it and of the people. Only the Hero was clear to her, and the two were the best of friends—right? She wasn't sure, but they looked pretty close considering she remembered having flown with him on something that was akin to a Rito with laughter and jokes being thrown around.

Zelda closed her eyes, unconsciously getting closer to Link's body and feeling him tighten his arm around her for warmth. Loftwings? She thought that was what they were called. But, she couldn't remember.

The Resurrected Hero, though, was another story—which made sense. She and the Hero of that era were...very close, to say the least. It was very odd, considering the fact her Link looked so alike to the Hero.

Maybe the dreams she had were nothing big, probably just her own fantasy being made up through dreams. It was never told of the Hero and the Princess having courted or dated before, nor were there any paintings... Aside from one, but it's just a rumor that had been spread by historians and they were not sure if it was real.

Zelda started feeling drowsy, but she suddenly remembered she had already fallen asleep before. In the tree. Away from her house with the time having passed by. She sat up, pushing past Link's arm as she shook him awake, but the push was enough to wake him in a fright.

"Huh, what?" Link rubbed his eyes, his hair disheveled. He blinked several times, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he leaned on his elbow. "What happened?"

Zelda pushed back the thought she had of Link looking nothing but adorable at that moment, and she instead quickly said, "We slept."

Link squinted her way, laughing drunkenly as he saw her appearance. "Your hair's a mess, that's cute."

Zelda blushed, already known Link was drunk off tiredness. "U-uh, thank you?"

Link smiled and stretched out on the ground, closing his eyes again as he let out a grunted-yawn. "We slept?" he drawled.

Zelda nodded, trying to flatten her hair as she started to stand up. "Yes, we slept."

Her repetition was enough for Link's breath to hitch as he sat up in a flash. He looked alerting to Zelda. "We slept!"

Zelda nodded, rushing to pick Link up to his feet. "Yes, we slept, and for Goddesses know how long!" She gestured toward his pocket. "What time is it?"

Link scrambled to get his phone out of his pocket, turning on his phone before looking up to Zelda with wide eyes. He didn't say anything, but he looked over to the fire that they were feet away from at that moment and hastily went over to put it out. He let the smoke hover around as he waved around the area and made sure nothing was going to be left behind before grabbing hold of a Zelda's arm and dragging her out of the tree.