"Go to the other camera," Alec said. Isabelle switched over and we were suddenly watching from a different angle. I saw Hodge reach for the hand of the Forsaken and slide something off its mangled finger.

"There," Jace leaned closer and Isabelle zoomed in. Sure enough, it was a ring he'd taken.

"So, it wasn't a random attack," Clary said.

"He was just the delivery boy," Jace finished.

"If he gives that Cup to Valentine, he'll create an army of Shadowhunters," Alec frowned in frustration, "With that kind of power behind him, he'll kill thousands."

Isabelle nodded, "He'll kill thousands just creating the army. Most mundanes won't survive that."

"We won't let that happen - I'm gonna make sure of it," Jace's voice was dangerous as he took off, leaving the rest of us to look at each other in concern.

I knew exactly what he was about to do and Alec had the same idea, so we both raced up to the sleeping quarters, changed out of our wedding clothes and into something more mission worthy. We went straight to the training room where, of course, we found Jace.

He looked at us skeptically for a second, but we both nodded, letting him know that we were going with him, no questions asked, and he silently handed us weapons.

Suddenly Clary had joined us and was speaking, "Jace, what are you doing?"

Jace didn't even look up from sorting his weapons, "Every second we waste here, Hodge gets closer to Valentine."

"Hey, we're a team, all right?" Clary replied, "I know you're mad right now, but Hodge could be dangerous."

"Three of us, one of him. Check the math, but I'm pretty sure he's outnumbered," Jace shot back.

"What is with you?" Clary let out an annoyed sigh, "Would you just talk to me for a second?"

"Lydia, Hodge, all this," Jace waved his hands around with a glare, "is happening because I didn't stop Valentine."

Clary shook her head, "Jace, you cannot let emotions cloud your judgment. Your words, remember? When I first wanted to find my mom, I didn't care about anyone else."

"You're telling me," I snorted. Jace and Clary ignored me but I could see Alec biting back a grin.

Clary continued, "But you were the one that taught me that it's about a world that's bigger than us."

"That's why you need to wake her up," Jace answered, "She was his prisoner and his wife. If anyone can stop him, she can."

"Jace, listen to me-" Jace cut Clary off.

"You can do this," He said with a pointed look.

"Maybe I can - but it's not about me, it's you I'm worried about. You cannot let Valentine's evil poison you!" My sister argued.

"He's my father," Jace said coldly.

"Actually," Clary countered, "He's our father."

Jace shook his head bitterly, "You don't get it." He walked past her and she looked to Alec and I desperately. We looked at each other before hurrying after Jace.

"Jace," Alec called, "How are we gonna find Hodge? He didn't leave anything we can track."

"There's more than one way to track," Jace replied, taking out his phone and walking ahead of us. Alec looked down at me with a frown but I just shrugged and continued after Jace. "The pack is tracking him," Jace informed us after he hung up.