~The Covenant~

~Installation 07~

"So fascinating." Angela said as she looked about the facility as a small group of scientists from the UNSC and Overwatch followed close behind.

"Indeed, this facility is more than a match for anything." Gem said as he floated around the group.

"Right, that's what Spark said before going rogue." A UNSC scientist said. Gem turned to him and sighed while floating backwards.

"I understand your distrust of us Monitors. I was quite saddened for his path, to stave off Rampancy for that long. It must of drove him mad. Anyways, we're here for testing and that is what we shall be doing!" Gem said enthusiastically. Four Sentinels floated down as they flew near the group. Angela and Winston backed off in a fright.

"Please stay calm, these Sentinels mean you no harm. They are here to help you find your answers." The Monitor explained. The gorilla looked at the Monitor and nodded as the group entered the labratory.

"Oh my, this is amazing!" Winston exclaimed. Gem turned and laughed lighty as he watched the gorilla look about in awe.

"I am amazed you Reclaimers have been this successful. Turning an ordinary simian into a genius." He commented.

"Thank you, but the credit goes to my father, if he were still alive with us." Winston said. "I am sorry for your loss Doctor Winston. Anyways, this way!" Gem said flying a few ways ahead. Angela glanced behind her to see Riley and Jason standing guard, Riley leaning on the wall as Jason stood, his MA5 on his back.

"Sir, are you okay?" Riley asked looking at him. The Spartan stared at the wall before turning to Riley.

"Huh, oh, yeah. I'm fine." Jason replied as he turned to face him. Riley glanced at his superior's helmet and sighed.

"I miss him too ya know. But for now, keep your head in the game. Who knows if the Covenant are planning an attack." Riley said.

"What is that!" Angela yelled. The two marines looked at each other before walking over as a Flood Combat form stood in front of the group behind a wall of thick glass. The combat form slammed on the glass, causing the group to jump.

"This is a Flood Combat form. Some careless meddler was caught in a difficult area and paid the price." The Monitor said.

"'Paid the price'? What does that mean?" Winston asked. "Meaning the bastard got what it deserved." Riley said. The Overwatch group turned to him as the UNSC group nodded.

"But, one soul doesn't deserve such a fate. Shouldn't you put it out of it's misery?" Angela asked.

"This is the Covenant sweetheart, trust us we tried diplomatic." One scientist said. "Why are you here?" Winston asked.

"We are here to study the ring for decomission. With the destruction of the Ark and the Gravemind, the Flood is of no concern." The man replied.

"Well one person or thing doesn't deserve this kind of fate. Regardless of-" "Regardless of what monkey? Regardless that this alien bastard and his race decimated nearly every human in the universe?" The UNSC scientist asked.

"Calm down-" Angela started before another scientist butted in. "No, this fucker deserved every bit of this. One of these aliens murdered my brother!" He shouted, causing the medic to flinch. Winston ushered the Overwatch group back as he growled at the others. Jason sighed and pulled out his pistol and fired into the air.

"Cool it eggheads. We're here to study, not fight." He shouted as the scientists backed off into their own groups. Winston shot a grateful nod to the Spartan and sighed.

"Besides, you guys aren't the only ones with tragic backstories." He said going back to the door as Riley looked at him.

"Sierra, can you hear me? This is Cmdr. Morrison. I wanted to congratulate you on a job well done in King's Row. The resistance fighters and survivors are safe and sound."He said through the comms.

"Glad to hear. You're welcome sir." Jason replied and sighed. "What's on your mind sir?" Riley asked.

"I guess, I don't know. I can't shake this gut feeling that Aaron is still alive." Jason said. Riley leaned off the wall and walked over to his superior and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Trust me, I've gotten the same feeling. But we need to keep our head clear and focus on the mission." He said patting his shoulder. Jason looked at him and nodded.

"And here I thought I was the one to inspire confidence." Jason said laughing lightly.

~The Covenant~

One Elite in gold armor sat in a circular seat as he watched his men scuttle back and forth, trying to repair the ship.

"What is taking so long Shipmaster?" A voice asked. He turned to see a Prophet floating towards him with two Honor Guards near him.

"Apologies Holy One, but the repairs are coming along slowly as the Sacred Ring lacks what we need for repairs." The Shipmaster said standing up and bowing to the Prophet.

"It is alright, as long as you are honest, nothing will impede our Great Journey." The Prophet said.

"Holy One, may I ask, whatever happened to the rest of our Covenant?" The Shipmaster asked.

"The traitorous Thel Va'dam, or the Arbiter, led an uprising that forced us to deal with the vile traitors with the Brutes." The Prophet said. The Shipmaster growled before sighing.

"I should have known the downfall of our beloved Covenant would have been him. I thought the words of my fellow Shipmaster on the Shadow of Intent were true until recent events." He said.

"Have no fear Shipmaster, as long as you are true to the path, you will be free. Now, we need to get the Sacred Icon before the humans." The Prophet said as struggling could be heard. The Shipmaster turned to see two Elites dragging a beaten and bloodied human in. The man stuggled before staring at the two.

"With some help of course." He said as Josh growled at them.

A/N: 11:35AM on the 24th bois and gals. I should also take the time to say A Destined Hero is on hold until I get Internet at my home. I haven't played Destiny or Destiny 2 and have been bored ever since. The only games I can play are Ghost Recon Wildlands, Trials Fusion, Minecraft(I hate that game ;~;) and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. I've been bone dry on chapters for that story, because I play games to get inspiration of chapters and Destiny requires internet to play ;~;. So to those of you that really enjoyed it, I apologize. It will be back up soon, whenever I get Internet for my home. Sorry for the inconvenience. Anyways, I hope you guys and gals enjoyed this chapter. Tata for now!