Her voice had sounded much braver in her head, but it sounded more like a squeak to her own ears. He seemed to agree and nodded a few times, bringing her hands to his lips now, kissing them lightly. Golden eyes looked up at her blue ones before his massive hands carefully cupped her face, kissing her lightly on her forehead. 

“Go, attend to him. I will see you tonight as I have some matters to attend to with Volstagg and Hogun.” He nodded curtly and retreated down the hallway.

Sigyn didn’t have to ask twice whom he meant when he said “him”. He had meant Loki.

---

The former prince was still in pain when she rushed back into the prison, his body bent over on the ground where Theoric had left him. Blood covered the floor from the gash the sword had caused. The guards wordlessly opened the door for her as she snatched her supplies she had left and cautiously moved towards the still figure.

“Loki, it’s Sigyn. Loki please, let me see your arm.”

She was sitting on her knees, trying to get him to look up for she was too frightened to touch him in fear that he would lash out at her. She could see him breathing but his skin was extremely pale from what little was exposed and not bent up underneath his frame.

“Loki…” Her hand shook, reaching out for him. A low groan came from his lips and his body shifted slightly so he was now lying on his back. The blonde had jumped back a little, but had seen he was just moving on to his back. It was now that she could see the full extent that the fight had brought.  

His arm hung limp, the gash had stopped bleeding but she could clearly see that the sword had broken or fractured his arm in some matter. His face was bloody, mostly from his mouth and nose. Some of his cuts and wounds had been reopened and were turning his tunic a deep red. But his skin… it as a pale ghost white, though she could feel the heat coming off his body. Hair stuck to his sweaty skin, another groan coming from his lips as she soon realized his back was probably killing him as well from the previously inflicted wounds. He was in horrible shape; she doubted that she could do it on her own. Moving so that she was near his head, she pushed back his hair, dabbing his forehead with a rag.

“Loki, you need to heal yourself, I can’t heal some of these wounds.”

A hiss came from his mouth cursing in an ancient language; his eyes fluttered open and searched for hers, a small smile creeping across his face when he did. She couldn’t help but smile back at him, but pushed that thought away when she saw the pain gathering on his face.

“I am my darli- ”

She could hear the pain in his voice when it hitched and rose in tone towards the end of his sentence. Sigyn could see the magic coming off of his body in a gold hue. It shook slightly and she could see his arm move slightly, most likely to set the bone. It didn’t last as long as before, it halted awkwardly and his body contorted for a moment, the pain stretching across his chiseled features. Loki was in far too much pain to speak, but she knew he had to get out, to get to a healer, a proper one. But then she remembered that Eir and Véar were out with the rest of the warriors, healing them.

“I need you to go over the bed so I can bandage you.”

There were no protests or smug expressions, only a curt nod as he moved to sit up, snagging her shoulder for support. She bit her lip in protest for it hurt a tad, but she could see by his face it wasn’t his intention to do that as all his energy and focus was clearly on trying to stand and shuffle towards the bed.