It was only once the blonde genin limped his way out of the hospital, despite the nurses protests, did he realise he'd gained two followers.

At first the genin thought of Konohamaru and his friends but then Naruto noticed the slight jump in chakra everytime they moved, which meant they were using chakra to stay up right on the buildings and Konohamaru didn't know the jutsu for that technique yet nor did he possess the chakra capabalities.

The blonde remained calm and slowly trudged to his house, the limp in his leg was slowly starting to go away but it'd be another day at least before it completely disappeared.

He looked up at the sky with a peaceful look. The bright blue sky with a few white clouds gave him a sense of calmness he realised Shikamaru must always feel.

The clan house came into view but before the blonde could even get close to the gates, two Anbu members appeared before him - rigid as ever.

Naruto refrained from taking a step back and simply stared at the two, waiting for them to either say something or make a very wrong move on their part.

A moment of silence passed between the three and the blonde was beginning to become impatient as his leg started cramping from standing so tensely.

"Naruto Uzumaki. Your presence is requested in the Hokage's tower" The one on the left announced in a monotone voice.

The genin released a sigh, something the Anbu were not expecting. Yelling and squirming, that's what they expected but not a tired, bothered sigh. As if they weren't worth his time.

Naruto could tell it ticked off the Anbu on the right, the one that had yet to speak.

He looked up at the Anbu's judging eyes.

"Very well" The genin grinned at the Anbu and disappeared before their eyes.

They glanced to each other in mild shock but quickly followed after the boy's example and teleported themselves back to their positions.

___

"This is growing tiresome. Tell us the truth!" Ibiki Morino grumbled at the two genin in front of him and the Hokage. In his, tightly-gripping, hand was the Suna headband he'd confiscated from the Uchiha which really didn't help their situation, whatsoever.

"We already told yo-"

"You've told us nothing." Ibiki quickly cut off, starting to feel irritated with the genin.

Sakura scowled at the older, scarred, male whilst Sasuke stood in silence to the side, staring out the window that overlooked Konoha.

The Hokage sighed, he'd hidden away his pipe a while ago because he'd heard a certain blonde had taken on smoking as well. He didn't want the boy to come running in and stealing his stash.

"Ibiki. That's enough" The old man ordered.

Sasuke sighed, gaining the attention of the Hokage as he did so.

"Something you wish to say, child?"

Sasuke turned him and glared, though it didn't do much on the powerful male as he'd been on the end of many Uchiha glares. If anything, it brought a smile to old man's face at seeing the familiar look he'd seen so many moons ago.

"When will our Sensei be here?" The Uchiha asked, his gaze never leaving the Hokage. 

Sakura noticed the ever-growing tenseness in Ibiki's shoulders. She guessed it was because Sasuke regarded the village's most powerful ninja with blatant disrespect.

"I've not yet sent word for him" The Hokage admitted, a small innocent smile on his lips.

Sasuke glanced at Sakura with what looked to be worry in his eyes.