Part 6

Kakashi had never thought himself as someone strong except before Obito died, his arrogance had gotten the better of him then and it still remained one of the biggest regrets he had in life to this day. In any case, had he been strong enough, Obito wouldn't have perished in the cave in and he wouldn't have killed Rin. But there was something about the genin, his kids made him feel like he had a purpose again, a will or for lack of better words, a reason to be strong again, not that he slacked off after his team's deaths, he just didn't have a reason to be strong but kept his body is top shape anyway, just in case.

It felt good saying they were 'his' kids. He was responsible for them and for their lives and nothing would stop him from preventing the same mistake he had made with his own team. This time, he'd do everything in his power to protect them which is why early in the morning, before the cock had crowed. Kakashi was climbing the team's appointed training ground with Mighto Gai, his long-term rival. The man in green spandex had seen the masked man walking alongside the forest of Konoha, clearly heading somewhere when he decided to push aside his own training and spend it with his friend, nothing like a good old challenge to prove Might Gai was the stronger shinobi, which was failing terribly as Kakashi was climbing with one hand behind his back, a good metre in front of him and whilst Gai was copying him, the caterpillar browed man was lacking though still felt determination burst through him yet everytime the green leaf came closer to him, the silver haired wolf sped up his pace slightly, leaving Gai in the dust once again. Though it motivated him to see sweat dripping down Kakashi's forehead, albeit he, too, was a personal waterfall at the moment, it just meant they were closer in strength than he assumed.

After the two jounin finished their warm up, they set out for laps around Konoha and a friendly spar afterward, which Kakashi had won.

No hard feelings were felt as Gai went on his way to meet up with his students who had just woken up and were probably heading to their own training spot, though Gai hadn't let off that he had been in close second in their laps to which Kakashi blatantly ignored, sending Gai into a state of severe moping.

It was well past morning as Kakashi watched his charges train their taijutsu, they were all getting so much better even though he hadn't shown them anything different in that area. Sasuke could see that the practise was helping improve his body even when he had not improved his taijutsu skills, plus the weights really helped the boys better themselves, Kakashi had upped the weight each day by 0.5kg, sure it didn't seem like much but over time it is and this way, one wouldn't even feel the difference. Sakura, too, had started on light weights as her physical attributes weren't on the same level yet as the boys which she seemed okay with as long as she could counter their physical with intelligence. That was, after all, her position in this team.

Over the last week, team 7 had been training beyond their limits and more, working on their given Jutsu's and doing their very best to perfect it, Kakashi had made it clear that it was nearly impossible to master their given jutsu because it takes years to do so. That didn't stop them from trying.

Sakura had almost perfected her earth clone jutsu, Sasuke had easily caught on with his Raiton no jutsu: Shottogan (Lightning Release: Lightning Shotgun) and could now produce a small bolt from his palm, not enough to kill but enough to immobilise a weak enemy for some time, a stronger enemy would only be stunned for a few seconds but that was all that was needed if one was going in for the kill. 

Naruto had successfully accomplished his goal of learning his jutsu, Futon: Sensougouheki (Wind style: Rumbling wind wall) and could now push away any weapons and throw it back at the enemy using only the spinning wall of wind, simply directing an objects course somewhere else, if strong enough, a user could even send a person plummeting across a field while afflicting damage using the wall.