25. She's Caused a Fight.

Start from the beginning

She has Jesse My brain argued.

"Okay" Tessa squealed, leaning over and pecking my cheek before disappearing. I wiped my cheek as soon as she disappeared from sight.

Is it wrong that some part of me also wanted to see Abigail jealous.?

ABIGAIL'S POV

"Umm, thank you" I muttered, getting into the car. He mumbled under his breath and slammed the door shut, walking all the way to the other side of the car. I felt very fidgety. It was the first time he and I were alone in a very long time. The tension in the car was thick as Nathaniel silently revved up the car.

"I'm sorry you had to come out and get me in such bad weather" I added, looking down at my lap. Not even a glance.

"I was just listening to Maggie. I didn't know was coming out to get you" he mumbled, keeping his eyes fixated on the road. I hated the way he mentioned me, like i was chewing gum at the bottom of his shoes. I needed to know if he was actually mad about the Jesse incident. I mean, I don't even know if Jesse was lying about him being there. There could be some other things I'd done.

"Can you honestly tell me why you're mad?" I asked bravely, this time looking at his profile. His grip on the wheel hardened.

"I'm not mad. Disappointed? Yes, very. You can't seriously still want Jesse after you saw how terrible he is" he gritted out. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Are you jealous, or something, I mean I-"

"I'm not jealous. I wouldn't have a date tomorrow night with Tessa if I was" he blurted out. I froze on the spot. What? He's going for Tessa?

"You're not serious, are you?" I said, willing my voice not to tremble. I kept my eyes straight ahead so he wouldn't see my eyes watering up.

"I am. I'm going to the dance with her after the holidays" he replied nonchalantly. I felt my heartbreak. I was pissed at Jesse, even more so pissed at myself that I just let Nate slip out of my hands. And a part of me was angry that he was so careless about what he was saying. It really amazed me that his opinion of me was so low, he assumed I'd just 'bounce back'.

"I guess I'll be going alone to the dance then" I grumbled, looking out the window.

"Why? I'm sure Jesse won't mind" he shrugged. And that did it. I was furious.

"Park the car" I bit out. I didn't want to get mad at him and have him rage-driving me into hospital again. "Stop the car right now, Nate!" I shouted. The car came to screeching halt beside a park. I stormed out of the car, slamming the door shut behind me. I stormed past the wooden fence and into the park not stopping when I heard Nate calling my name.

How could he? Why couldn't he just ask me instead of assuming? And Tessa? Really? After all that shit she put me through? And I thought we had a thing.

I sat down beside a lake and inhaled the fresh scent, calming down. The cool breeze from the lake calmed my heated body, cooling me to the core. I watched the ducks glide across the water, the rippled chasing them. I took in my peaceful surrounding as it cleared my head.

"HEY!" I heard his footsteps nearing me before he sat on the grass beside me. "Correct me if I'm wrong," he started, also watching the calming scene in front of us "But you just got mad at me for stating facts!"

I scoffed. "What facts? Because all I heard was bullshit!" I was calmer now, so I no longer felt like tearing all the hair our of his skull and then feeding him his own balls.

"Okay, now I'm confused. You're the one partying with Jesse, kissing him, and I'm the one to blame?" He asked, turning his whole body so he was facing me, not the lake. I sighed.