◎Correcting Scars◎

I take in a deep breath. "Aiden are y-you...  are you uhh ... you know? ", His head shoots up.  He continues looking at new for another minute before shooting all the way up an bolting out. I stand up and chase aftet him...

I swear this man can run. I try my best to keep up with him while still keeping a steady breath. "Aiden! Aiden!  Please let me talk to you!", He stops in the Biography book section. "Why! So you can make fun of me!? So you can run and tell other's?! Well if that's the case you can go to hell!",

I stop. I don't understand why he is being defensive. I haven't said anything. "That's not the case at all", I whisper. I knew I should've done this. Why would I basically stalk someone then question them? I look ahead and see that he also stopped in his tracks. He is staring at me. It is dead silent.

"Why do you want to know? ", He asks with a bit of venom in his tone. I sigh. "I don't know I was just asking", I answered back honestly. He sighs loudly and walks towards me. "Once he was close enough he sat down next me. I sat down and waited for what ever was next. "Yes.. ", He said breaking the silence. I look at him.

"Oh... I would never have thought that you would be", He nods. "Well I am, Sorry to disappoint", I shake my head in disagreement. "You didn't disappoint me. Why would you think that? You are my friend", He looks at me crazily. "What? Wait, Did you say we are friends? Michael I doubt you want to be friends with a gay guy", I chuckle. "You know you are one doubtful man, Gay, straight, Bisexual, transsexual, it doesn't matter. Aiden you are just like anybody else. Stop doubting yourself, OK?",

He looks away. A small tear fall's from his face. Like instinct;  I pull him in for a hug. "I'm here OK, I'm always here for you OK?", He sniffles and nods. I make him look at me. "Stop crying", I said softly. I hate seeing people cry. It reminds me of seeing my mother cry every time Joseph would hit me and siblings or when he would come home late at night drunk.

I hated seeing that face. I still hate that face today. He stares at me quiet. I want to know what's on his mind. "What's going on up there?", I asked pointing to his head. He looks down. "I'm thinking about action's and acting on them.", He whispered. "Oh, why are you restricting yourself,  do what's on your mind, You'll never know the outcome", He shakes his head.

"It's not that easy...", I nudge him. "Aww come on, Aiden just tell me what's on your mind", He slowly looks at me. "Never has someone been so compassionate towards me, Michael I think I need to go...", He said standing up. I quickly stand up. "Wait why?", "Michael if I do what's on my mind you'll hate me, Or think different of me", I sigh.

"Aiden you're scaring me...", He steps closer to me. "Ever since that first day I saw you in the Cafeteria, I wanted to do this...", He clasps my face in his hands and slowly leaned in until his lips met mine. My initial reaction is to push him away, but I can't.  I have no control. He pulls back with a small smile. "You didn't push me, Why?", I look at him still rendered speechless...

To Be Continued...