Ch. 13: Help...

Jack woke up, feeling like someone was sitting on his chest. He groans, turning his head making the wet cloth fall onto the floor. He coughs a few times, waking up Signe who fell asleep on the coffee table holding Jack's hand. Signe sits up, groaning at the stiffness in her body. Tears fall down Jack's cheeks as he whimpers in pain. Signe wipes his tears.

"S-Sean..what's wrong? What is it?" She asks. She picks up the towel. Jack's eyes open meeting Signe's. Signe stares into Jack's pain filled eyes.

"It..It hurts...a lot. M..Make it stop." Jack whimpers. Signe places the towel on Jack's forehead.

"Sean..." Signe said softly before Jack whimpers and closes his eyes, encircling his arms around his stomach. Jack starts to cry from the pain. 'I think..I think I just heard my heart break into my million pieces.' Signe thought. "I know it hurts, Mark and Felix are going into town and picking up your pain mediation right now, sweetie." Jack hides under his blanket, Signe encircles her arms around him. "Endure it a little longer." Jack whimpers, Mariza comes into the room.

"Is he..." Mariza started. Mariza goes over to them. "Awww Jack." Signe lowers his blanket and kisses his cheek. Signe grips his hand and he whimpers louder. Mariza goes around Signe, and tries to soothe his pain. But she instead pulls out her phone when that doesn't work. Jack puts his face into Signe's neck, gripping her hand. Mariza calls Felix.

"What is it Mariza?" Felix asks.

"Guys hurry up, Jack needs those pills. He just woke up and is crying from the pain." Mariza said.

"He..He's crying?" Felix asks in disbelief. Mariza looks over at Jack and Signe. She smiles a little seeing Signe holding Jack and whispering to him that seems to be working, but he is panting heavily.

"Yes, are you almost done?" Mariza asks.

"We are about to leave, give us half an hour." Felix said.

"Hurry." Mariza said. She hangs up and sits down beside Signe. She touches Jack's knee. "They'll be back in thirty minutes or less, Jack." Jack's hand touches Mariza's, he tenses up feeling a bit guilty, but Mariza takes his hand in hers. Jack whimpers again and Signe holds him tighter. Her hand rubs his arm.

"Try to go back to sleep, hun." She said. Jack coughs and groans. His grip on Mariza's hand suddenly turns weak and he takes uneven breaths. Signe looks at him really worried. She looks at Mariza.

"Go get the thermometer." Signe said. Mariza gets up and goes back into the kitchen, she grabs it and comes back to the two. Signe takes Jack's temperature, she freezes up seeing the result. "Call for an ambulance, Mariza."

"Sig--"

"Do it!" Signe shouted. She puts her arms around Jack as Mariza grabs her phone. Signe's eyes water as Jack's breathing starts to become shallow and his body goes limp against her. "Stay with me, Sean. I should have took you to the hospital yesterday, I should have. I'm so sorry, I didn't. I'm sorry." Mariza comes to them.

"They're coming." She said. Signe nods.

"Go wake up Amy and tell the boys." Signe said. Mariza goes upstairs. Jack suddenly takes in a loud shaky breathe of air making Signe tense up.

"S-Signe..." Jack said weakly.

"What is it, Sean?" Signe asks on the brink of tears.

"I-I'm so..sorry.." Jack said. Signe flinches, hearing ambulance sirens coming. Amy and Mariza come into the room.

"How bad?" Amy asks.

"110..His fever is 110." Signe said. Mariza goes and opens the door when someone knocks on it. Signe holds Jack tighter. She kisses his forehead as paramedics come inside. "Please, please don't die on me." Jack closes his eyes as he feels arms pick him up and he hears Signe crying before he loses consciousness.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

He woke up, laying on the floor with chains around his wrists and ankles. Jack doesn't move an inch, but he knows Anti is nearby. Jack flinches, hearing someone laugh.

"When͏ ͘wil ̨you iv҉e up? ͜Hw uc ca̴n͠ you èǹdu̶r͟e, ac̢k̡?!͘ ̕I̛'e ee͝ń de͘s̛t͏r͟o͠y҉ng̨ your ͜bo̴d͡y͝ bu ̧you͟ ͢wn'̸t ͢giv̧e ̶i̵ǹ.̷"͞ ̵

Jack sees Anti suddenly appear a few feet away. Jack tries to move but can't. Anti laughs.

"̕P̢o̶or̕. ͏ Po̴or̷, ́Jack͟.̸.͟.ar̡e͘ yo͠u ͠wea͞k, ̶S͠ean? ͞H̴ow m͡uc̵h mo̡r͏e ́ab͘use͝ caǹ ͢y͝o͜ú t́ake̷?́!̸"̀ ̕ Anti asks before he kicks Jack in the stomach making Jack scream. Jack coughs and than coughs up blood. Anti grabs Jack's shirt and yanks him up before Anti punches him and hits him again and again and again. Jack collapses on the ground, bloodied and bruised.

'Signe...help me..' Jack thought as his eyes watered. He starts to tremble. 'Where are you, Signe? I need you...Why aren't you around? Please...Help me...' Anti laughs and grabs Jack, hitting him again, which knocks Jack out cold. Anti rolls his eyes at Jack.

"̵Go͜d.̵.͏.̛Y͠ou͢ ͢ar͡e ̡such̵ a f*c͏k̨ín͏g ͟p̕ath͠eti͜c ̵wastę.̢..͝B̴ųt͞ ̨y͘o͝u̕ ̴a͏re͘ ҉s͞tu̴b͞b̷o̕rn,͡ I'l̀l͘ ͘gi̵ve ͢you th̷a͡t̡."́