“Can I call you tonight, just to say goodnight?” he asked.

“Yeah darling, course. I'll talk to you then okay?” He nodded again and we shared another small kiss then joined everyone by the door. Anne was saying bye to the girls and my mum was smiling taking Daisy in her arms.

“Really thank you so much, if you ever need anything.” my mum smiled.

“Oh it wasn't a problem, they are allowed over whenever.” Anne smiled. With another goodbye and a wink at Harry I was following my mum out and to her car. The drive was short and quiet. We walked in,

“girls go get ready for bed please.” my mum called after all the girls running upstairs giggling.

“Mum, can we talk?” I asked. She nodded and I followed her into the kitchen. I sat down as she started making tea.

“How are you?” she asked smiling at me.

“No, no, this is about you. What's been going on?” I asked. She sighed,

“your um, your grandma passed away today.”

“Oh,” I said without even thinking. The family wasn't really close with my grandparents. My granddad passed away when I was young and I haven't seen my grandma in at least three years. My mum and her got in a huge fight and they stopped talking.

“How are you?” I asked. She shrugged,

“I have a lot of regrets and it had me thinking. You know she was never home when I was younger and I feel like that's why we grew apart. I just,” oh no here come the tears, “you grew up really fast and Lottie is growing up. She doesn't talk to me about anything, Fizzy is on her way to becoming a teenager and the twins, oh jesus they are so big. I feel like I leave everything for you and Lottie to handle but I'm trying so hard. I just don't want to loose any of you guys like my mum lost me.” I quickly stood up and wrapped my arms around her.

“Mum, stop.” I whispered. She has given all of us everything. “Lottie is worried about you.” I explained. She let out a small laugh and pulled away, wiping her eyes,

“she shouldn't.” I nodded,

“how come you have been out of work?”

“Oh, um, yeah. She, grandma, was taken into the hospital and when I noticed who it was one of my bosses told me to go home. They are giving me a few days off.” she explained. My mum works in a hospital and I can't even imagine her seeing her mum laying on a hospital bed after not seeing her in years. “She left you something. She wrote a will and left you something big.”

“What?” I asked confused.

“She wants you to take the house and car, her house and car.” she explained.

“She left me her house and car? Why?” I asked. She shrugged,

“you are turning 18. I guess she wanted to get you started in life. She owns the house and car so there's no bills that need to be paid, you would just have to worry about gas, heat, groceries, and whatever else you want.” From what I remember the house is pretty big. Two stories with three bedrooms, a whole bathroom and a half, kitchen, living room, and a rather big backyard. “She even got a pool put in like three years ago.” my mum informed me.

“Mum, shouldn't you take it. All of it. You know, take the girls and move in and the car?” I suggested.

“Oh no no. I am happy here and I think its lovely. I think after your birthday and the holidays you should move in. Its not far so school isn't a problem. You get your privacy and can do what you want, safely. You just need a job.”

“What about the girls? I watch them after school and stuff.” I pointed out.

“Well I can hire someone or maybe its Lottie’s turn to babysit.” I shook my head,

“no I don't like that at all. Um we can fix the bus route, get them dropped off at my house, or if I need to I can pick them up.” She nodded,

“alright yeah, we will figure it out alright?” I smiled and hugged her. I heard giggles and all the girls came running in, joining our hug.

“I knew you guys would be listening.” my mum laughed.

“We love you mummy!” the twins cheered.

“I love all of you guys too.” she smiled.

“Now get to bed!” I hissed. They all giggled and ran off, minus Lottie.

“Get out, I want to talk to mum.” she explained. I held up my hands, “alright, gosh!” I gave them both a kiss on the cheek and went up to take a shower.